Midwife - 16 week appt.

BabyJayne

Me, DH, DD & pregnant
Reaction score
Hi girls

I have my 16 week midwife appt in the morning, and just wondered what usually happens at it. Also, are there any specific questions I should be asking at this stage?
I know she will take bloods for screening for downs etc, and that she will test my urine and hopefully have a listen to the heartbeat (even though I've heard it on my own doppler), but just wondered if there was anything else...

Thanks ladies :thumbup:

My 16 week appt was just her asking how I was doing etc, doing my blood pressure, checking my urine sample, checking my fundus height thing, listening to the monkey's on the doppler and lasted about 30 mins or so? I didn't have bloods taken this time but I did get my blood results from the first time I saw her at 8 weeks.

xxx

Had my 16 week appointment this afternoon it was basically the same as kitty's. Didn't have any bloods done as I had them all done at 10 weeks. Had my bloods done for Downs at my 12 week nuchal scan but I realise everywhere is different.

She also had a listen of beans heartbeat which was lovely, even though I have a doppler at home it was reassuring to know I haven't imagined it!

Hope your appointment goes well xx

Hi Jayne,

I have my 16 week midwife appointment tomorrow too.
I know she will take my blood pressure and check urine.
I'm hoping that she'll listen to the HB, as I haven't heard it yet, and am was getting quite scared after stopping feeling sick, and not having any syptoms for the past few days. But today had stretching pains again, so everything must be fine!!!
And am also going to ask her about my swine flu jab as haven't had letter yet from GP!

good luck xxx

Had my 16 week appointment this afternoon it was basically the same as kitty's. Didn't have any bloods done as I had them all done at 10 weeks. Had my bloods done for Downs at my 12 week nuchal scan but I realise everywhere is different.

She also had a listen of beans heartbeat which was lovely, even though I have a doppler at home it was reassuring to know I haven't imagined it!

Hope your appointment goes well xx

Yes thats happened to me at my app today :flower:

Thanks all. I had bloods done at 12 weeks but I am pretty sure I remember her saying they were for the other tests. We don't get the nuchal scan here on the NHS :-(

I know what you mean Poppykat - I have a doppler but I really want to hear the heartbeat from the pro...and to get a proper measurement of the heart rate.

Katyblot - I would phone your GP surgery about the swine flu jab. I had mine at 12 weeks and it all goes through the GP. My midwife told me they don't have anything to do with it really, and it is the surgeries who contact those on the priority list. Worth giving them a call to find out x

I need to ask her about antenatal classes too...I don't know whether she sorts them out or if we do them ourselves. It's my first baby so I think I'd like to go to the classes. Is anyone else?

just had mine this Monday. she went through my blood results with me from booking appointment first, tested urine, I could have had more bloods taken to test for downs then as well. then she listened to baby's heartbeat :) enjoy it, it's lovely!! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->