Midwife Appointment

jenny82

Reaction score
Had my first appointment with the midwife GP today - I do shared care so I'm half at the hospital and half at the GPs. She was such a lovely woman and was just reminded me of one of my lovely aunties...

She said my baby was huge for starters, which I guess is a good thing and hes all healthy which is great.

I've been off sick all week though due to generally being unwell and rundown and was explaining this all to her. Because she was so nice, I opened up about problems I'd been having at work and fears over money, and how my hormones have been all over the place. She said that I was showing signs of anxiety and that I should take as much time off work as I need :/ So am going to take next week off as well I think.

I just hope this anxiety isn't causing the baby any harm :cry:

Hi sweetie

No, you wont harm baby :hugs:

I have said on other threads, that I think (my theory, so could easily be wrong! :blush: ) that babies can pick-up on our moods... since moods generally mean release of hormones and those can probably pass (to some extent) across the placenta. BUT moods will NOT harm your baby AT ALL! :hugs:. I do reckon that they MAY influence the temperament of your baby after they are born: which is why I try very hard to be as relaxed and happy and calm as I can be... (hoping for a relaxed, happy, calm baby...). If that makes sense.

So I use my theory to encourage myself not to be stressed, anxious or angry..

BUT that is a theory :shrug:

I always find the best thing to do with stress/anxiety is to try and address the causes: if you can solve some of the causes, then you can remove some of the stress/anxiety. Can you do that? The other thing is "talking about it": the more you talk about problems, often the easier they get... (you can put them in context better and realise that you are not alone... :hugs: ). Can you do that also?

THE WORST THING is to start getting anxious/stressed that your anxiety/stress is hurting the baby - since it is an ever decreasing circle... :hugs:. You need to be positive and get on towards lifting some of that stress and anxiety. :cloud9:

Anything we can help you with here?

QT

Had work worries, and money worries, and over-reacting slightly to some situations but do try my hardest to keep everything in check :)

Was a bit surprised that the nurse picked up on it though and asked me about it. She must be a super-midwife! I told my OH, which worried him a bit so maybe he'll do his bit to remove some of the stress.

My problem is getting too hormonal and sobbing, which is hard to control atm, but I am trying - thank you!!! :)

:hugs: like QT said - don't stress about stressing :) Enjoy your time off, relax and take care of yourself!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->