Midwife appointment

Bittersweet

Complete(Boy/Girl)after losses and premature birth
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I finally got a BFP on Xmas eve after 8 months of ttc. I’ve got a LO who is aboht to be 3 who was born early. I have abo incompability during his pregnancy, same dad so will have it again.

All my other times my midwife appt I have just called GP surgery and they’ve given me a booking in time. This time round it was all to be done on lo me via self referral.
No where on the self referral form did it have high risk or losses etc jist said high risk or complicated pregnancy due to c section. I had a vaginal birth. So ticked no.

I’m quite anxious and I had met the consultant after my last pregnancy and he advised me I would be given multiple scans early scans and induced around 37 weeks if I get there.
I’d prefer to see my Midwife ASAP to get an early scan or if not to get the ball rolling with medical spots etc.
I’ve had bad cramps like AF style cramps headache and bad dizziness so I’m now extra panicked.
Anyone any advice? Anyone with similar experience? thanks

Hi, sorry you are feeling anxious. The self referral is the first step but if you are having worrying symptoms you should still contact your gp and let them know what is going on. If you are in the uk and it's over the holiday weekend then speak to nhs direct or 24 (depending on which country you are in), although they my not be worried about the cramps so early on they may advise you to get a wee check for the dizziness. Good luck

Hi, sorry you are feeling anxious. The self referral is the first step but if you are having worrying symptoms you should still contact your gp and let them know what is going on. If you are in the uk and it's over the holiday weekend then speak to nhs direct or 24 (depending on which country you are in), although they my not be worried about the cramps so early on they may advise you to get a wee check for the dizziness. Good luck
Thanks hun I am UK so will see how it goes I dunno if it’s just how i do in early pregnancy as I had some light headedneaa with my son particularly but this seems more regular and more like dizzy. hooefullt the midwife team are in touch soon and il let them know the high risk etc x

I hope it eases off, but really remember that you know your body, it you are unsure or think it just doesn't feel right them gp, nhs phone line or a&e.

I hope it eases off, but really remember that you know your body, it you are unsure or think it just doesn't feel right them gp, nhs phone line or a&e.
Thank you hun. The cramping has calmed down. Still sore boobs and so tierd so take that as a
Good sign but will keep an eye and give nhs a call if it’s not feeling right

I’m RH- too, have they run your antibody test? I’ve had 3 babies, 2 were negative and one was positive (hubby is positive). I didn’t develop antibodies with any of them. Did you have Rhogam? Your chances of being sensitized are very low if you did

I’m RH- too, have they run your antibody test? I’ve had 3 babies, 2 were negative and one was positive (hubby is positive). I didn’t develop antibodies with any of them. Did you have Rhogam? Your chances of being sensitized are very low if you did
So I have O neg and my oh is A positive so it’s in the same family as Rhesus - but different as it’s called ABO. I called doctor when I got my BFP they jist advised to stop my meds but didn’t say anything else

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->