Midwife appt tomorrow 39+3 what usually happens?

Brightxeyes

Reaction score
I've been consultant led up until week 36/37 and I haven't seen a midwife since week 36, and that was a different midwife covering mine who was on holiday. She told me to book for tomorrow and I may be offered a sweep.

What usually happens on your midwife appt closest your due date? Internal examinations, sweeps?

I was wondering whether she actually would offer me the sweep or not because I'm not due until the 19th.

First timer here so I've no idea what will happen at this appt!

With my daughter I never got offered a sweep until I was actually over due.

Best of luck :)

I don't think you'll be offered a sweep until 40 weeks. I've got my next midwife appointment at 39+1 and she said after that one I'd possibly be back for a sweep.

You never know though don't get your hopes up (if that's what you were hoping for)

I think they discuss options for if you go over on top of a normal antenatal check. In my current area a sweep isn't offered until 41wks but if I was having antenatal care at the hospital I'm delivering at (different health trust) I would be offered at 40wks. Check your hospital notes pack. There should be a page there which outlines your appts.

With my dd i had an app at 40 weeks and my midwife offered me a sweep at that appointment but basically told me that the majority of sweeps she does at 40 weeks are unsuccessful so we decided to just wait and see (waters broke 3 days later). This time i had an appointment yesterday and my next one isnt until 2 weeks today which i assume id be offered a sweep and would probably opt to have it. I dont think they'll offer a sweep today/check for dilation unless u specifically ask x

Last pregnancy for me I had an appointment at 39 weeks and they gave me a sweep and then gave me a date for 2 weeks later to come for induction if I hadn't already had the baby

Ah no sweep today! But encouraged me to get on my excercise ball cuz he's back to back! And will have a sweep 40+2 unless he comes on time!

Brightxeyes our "schedule" as such is actually identical!
I saw the midwife today too, at 39+3, hoping for a sweep. Didn't get one! The midwife is going to be visiting me at my house at 40+2 to give me a good old sweeping!

Loads of people on here have recommended the spinning babies website for back to back babies Brightxeyes. Worth a peek. X

I'll take a look at that site thank you :)

Ah well I'm hoping that he'll come before a sweep anyway.. I don't particularly want one, so I'm hoping he comes any time before next week naturally :)

Just feel a bit disheartened because I don't think he's going to come any time soon by himself now :( she said his head his real low but he's only 3/5ths engaged according to my notes, and he was 2/5ths engaged three weeks ago.. And the aches I had the other day making me feel close to labour disappeared!

I would love not to go over due :(

:hugs: You're in the end stretch now. Keep your eye on the prize!

Don't worry I feel the same! Officially due today however I feel less pregnant than last week! No twinges or pains or anything!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->