Midwife Care

LoobyLou75

Mum of 3
Reaction score
Ok, so I know when you are on baby number 2, 3 etc that antenatal care isn't as frequent, but I haven't seen my midwife since week 9 and won't until week 21. Is this normal or does it vary from area to area?

When I had my 2, I lived in a different area and you had a moby number for the midwife with which there was always someone on call 24/7 but here you have to leave a message on an answerphone with the hope that they'll get back to you or the emergency number puts you through to the labour ward.

do u not get a 16 week check up to get your blood results etc?? maybe give them a call xx

No. Was told blood results would be given at 21 weeks. Midwife said I have to contact them to make an appointment after my 20 week scan!

Here MW appointments are about every 4 weeks-ish. We have the same system as you with the answerphone (well it is manned 8.30-9.30am, the rest of the day you leave a message on the answerphone or phone the delivery ward if there is a problem...).

I think it varies from area to area: most will try about every 4 weeks, but resources in some areas are VERY stretched...

Personally I wasn't very impressed with the MW appointments anyway - she would test my urine and take my BP, that was about all. They probably become more thorough later on (although I have since changed hospitals and everything is better for me now...).

QT

i'm on my first pregnancy and haven't seen midwife since my booking in appointment and won't see them again until 24 weeks ! it's ridiculous care in my area

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->