midwife coming over to my house???

Willow87

Reaction score
I had an appt today but she has cancelled and will be here tomorrow morning instead but she is coming over... didn't realize they that LOL.

ERRRR

what can I expect? it's my 38 week checkup.

is she like going to examine me here?

LOL.

like my sofa isn't very big so if she wants to check where baby is postioned then we will have to go to my bed.

OK THIS IS WEIRD SOMEONE BRIEF ME PLEASE.

Hi,
I've never had a home appointment but I did have my 38 week appointment yesterday and it was just the regular checks. I imagine she'll need you to lay down to feel baby and measure you but that's about it. I have a stretch and sweep scheduled for 40 weeks and had the option of having it done at home but declined, as weird as it sounds, I think I'd be more comfortable at the health centre!
Good luck, I'm sure it'll be fine xx

haha I totally get what you mean! I'd rather have that bit done at the health centre aswell.

Don't forget that once baby arrives then a midwife will generally pop to your home almost daily for the first 10 days to make sure you and baby are doing okay.

i had one of my checks at home with my first. had to lay across the sofa.
she did want to do a sweep at home but i refused. living with my mom at the time, my dad there and my brother...just no lol

Mine did ths loads in my first pregnancy, I was manicly cleaning before she turned up lol. She examined my tummy on the living room floor!

I had a home visit my last appt, checked urine sample in bathroom and I lay on sofa to have heartbeat and position examined!
As said above after baby is born they will visit daily so its just the same. Saying that I did do the oh my a visitor cleaning the hour before as my toddler had torn the place apart!

She will no doubt just check all the usual - bp, heartbeat and position and may arrange a sweep etc for week of due date.

I actually prefer it at home as you just get on with your day after they leave! Mind you im an hours return trip on bus to get to surgery!

I had my second home midwife vist today. I do feel a bit weird laying on the sofa with my tummy out.
She's coming back on Monday to talk about induction and maybe give me a sweep. Don't know where the heck she's gonna do the sweep too :wacko:

Being with an independent traditional midwife, all of my prenatals are at home. We sit and talk at the kitchen table and do measurements, FHT, and any other exams in my bedroom. Some around have offices like the CNMs, but a lot of the traditional midwives (un-certified), DEMs, and CPMs will either do prenatals at your house or theirs. Mine does only homebirths so she spend 2-3 full days a week on the road traveling to clients' houses. We're her furthest away and we're about 1hr and 20 mins away.

My midwife did home visit at 28 weeks, another at 36 too. Just sat in the lounge then I laid on the sofa, went off to the bathroom to pee in the bottle.

36wk apt is for Homebirth prep.

The 38 week home visit is to go through ur birth plan from what my notes say

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"