Midwife coming to see me today

pigletpoo

Reaction score
Hi again,

I saw the doc again on Wednesday morning, and she reffered me to my ,midwife. I can't believe they ask you straight away where and how you want to have the baby!!
Anyway, my midwife rang last night and said she wants to come out and see me today to discuss things and arrange an early scan.
I wonder why she is coming to me?? I never had that before. And so soon?
Last time I had an early scan because it followed a MC too, but the midwife didnt come and see me first.
She sounded really nice. I hated my MW last time, so hopefully this one will be better....
Piglet

They are maybe just trying to deliver better patient care and by doing a home visit, they maybe think women will be more relaxed and able to talk about things? I dunno - its a boost you dont have to trail in to the doctors to go to her! xxx

well the midwife has just gone - there were two of them!
She was really nice actually and she has booked me an early scan for a week today. I can't wait. I really want to know that everything is ok this time around. She took a load of blood too and said that all being well, apart from the scans - I should not have to see her for until I am 16 weeks!!
Piglet x

I just had a call from the Midwife (surprised as I only notified my dr's surgery on wednesday!) she wanted to do a home visit to go through this massive questionnaire I've been given but she cant drive as she has broken a bone in her hand so I'm going to go up to the local birthing centre for my first appointment.

She said we'll make the appointment for my first scan and all the blood tests then.

Hee it all seems a little more real now.

I see her on May 1st and I'll be having my first scan sometime in June if all goes well!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->