Midwife 'guesstimate' of birth date - update - in labour!

Bored now! Contractions tailed off about 2 hours ago and have been every 20-30 mins since. Hospital want me to go in to get checked and will book me in for induction on Sunday morning if I 'don't go into labour naturally' before then.

Huff!! Here was me thinking losing all my waters and having contractions was the start of things but apparently not!!

Bored now! Contractions tailed off about 2 hours ago and have been every 20-30 mins since. Hospital want me to go in to get checked and will book me in for induction on Sunday morning if I 'don't go into labour naturally' before then.

Huff!! Here was me thinking losing all my waters and having contractions was the start of things but apparently not!!

Tut. Although........my friend had a couple of days of this and once her plug went her daughter was here just 6 hours later...
It's all going in the right direction x

Plug has gone. Went to the toilet about 45 mins ago and it was there on the pad (TMI lol).

I think I'm going to be one of those women who labour very slowly every time! With my son I had contractions every 7 minutes for 20 hours and went from 0-4cm in that time...then took another 7 hours for him to be born.

Heading to hospital now to get checked over. I really don't want to go because it's a 45 min drive and I know they will just go 'yeah your waters broke, go home and come back Sunday if nothing happens before then'. Ah well, there's a McDonalds there so I'll get a Big Mac haha :)

A McDonald's at the hospital? You chose well. Good luck. Keep us in the loop? x

It was a toss up between 2 and I picked this one purely for the mcds and KFC :)

Hope things start to progress for you! In my case they have never been remotely right on this. Either they thought I would go into labour much earlier than I did or much later than I did. Xx

Hey folks :) quick update, Alexander was born at 8:17pm last night. It was very quick, I was 2cm at 6:30 when I was assessed and had him 1 hr and 47 mins later. He was 8lbs 11oz and is perfect in every way :)

It was a shock dilating and having him so quick! I nearly birthed him onto the floor!!

wow thats the 2nd fast labour I have read about today :) Hope mine is like that haha x

Wow!! I wasn't expecting to read that!! Congratulations!! :D

Wow! Amazing! Good skills and congratulations x x

Wahoo you did it! Proved her wrong haha! Congratulations s! You did fab xx

congratulations hun!!! so jealous of all these quick births i keep hearing about. xx

Congratulations! I love the name... Hope to see pictures soon!

Wow, congratulations!!

Before I got to the water breaking post, I was just going to comment that I've been misled the opposite way. With my first, at 38 weeks my OB told me I wouldn't make it to my next appointment (a week later). I made it to 3 more appointments and had to be induced at 41 weeks, lol! :dohh:

This time I've been dilated to 4cm for a week now. Still waiting! My body is apparently a champ at early labor and sucks balls at getting around to active labor. :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->