Midwife still hasnt called :/

ShanBearr_19

Reaction score
its been over a week now.
i went inot my doctors and had to fill out a form with all my details on it.
i was told my form would be put in the midwifes 'tray' and id recive a call from her
still heard nothing
what did you all have to do to get in contact with your midwife
Thanks
Shann <3

i just had to phone my doctors surgery and ask for an appointment with the midwife x

Yeah, I just phoned the surgery and asked for a MW app :flower:

I went to visit my doctor to inform him of my pregnancy first. He took a urine sample to confirm that I was pregnant, prescribed me prenatal vitamins, told me my EDD and went through the list of things I can and can not do now that I am pregnant. After that appointment at the beginning of November, I received a letter in the post 2-3 weeks later to say that I had my Hospital booking appointment and Dating Scan on the 22nd of December. That was the first time I seen a midwife and then, my Consultant :flower:

If you are getting worried, then ring your doctor to make sure that he/she has made an appointment with a midwife for you. xx

Had to go to the regular dr. and get a referral to a midwife...who got me in a few days later, lol. And I got to tell him which midwives I wanted to see.

Edit -- yeah, they did a urine test at the regular doctor to confirm pregnancy...which I thought was silly; I'd already taken 80 billion tests. And then they took ANOTHER one at the first midwife.

The doctor didnt even do a pregnancy test on me as I told him i already had 4 BFP, he said he trusted me. I filled out a referal form to the midwife and she rang about a week later. If your unsure Shann just give them a call. x

My GP did the referral to MW but told me they don't see anyone before they are 8wks.

I just recently did the same thing, and apparently you get a call in like 2-3 weeks. But some women have said that they never got that call and they had to call up the midwives themselves. Wait 2-3 weeks, if you are 4 or 5 weeks pregnant. If not then it should be within a week they contact you.

I think I am right there.

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back