Might be a silly question

mummof1

Reaction score
So for the last few months hubby and I have been a little careless which has had me taking tests every month. Last month I got a couple light positives but unfortunately it was a chemical, my “period” came a few days late.
I ended up feeling ovulation pain my usual cycle day 15. And I had ovulation symptoms cycle days 10-16.
We only had unprotected sex a couple of times but during my fertile days we used condoms.
I’m now late for my period !
How long can sperm survive inside ?
I thought the days we didn’t use protection were safe (cycle day 6,8 and 26)

You will get varying answers from between 3 and 7 days. I believe 5 personally because I think I got pregnant once from sex 5 days before ovulation. More than 5 days is a push, but maybe it happens sometimes.

Thanks , I just don’t want to waste the money on a test !
Maybe I’ll wait a few more days

Cycle day 8 may have been a small risk. Or if you ovulated late then cd26 could have been high risk if you hadn't ovulated before that, alhough that would put your cycle out by quite a bit.

If you are going to continue taking slight chances you would probably save a bunch by just buying in a load of ICs. You can get them pretty cheep in lots of 30 or 50.

True , when we tried for our third I bought those because we tried for a year (two losses).
First response are so ridiculously priced but for me they were so accurate !! Once it showed a faint positive ,when I had blood work done the same day , my levels were only 7.
But ICs make more sense financially

I agree, FRER are great but I find ICs let me test on a whim without breaking the bank. If money was no issue I'd just have a cupboard full of FRER, lol. Like you we are not even TTC but I like to have some tests on hand for less careful months :).

I had the tiniest bit of light brown spotting , just to further mess with me lol
With my first and third pregnancies , I had light brown spotting around the same time my periods were due ugh ... still trying to wait it out !

That does sound promising. Fingers crossed for you :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->