might be a silly question....

twinkletoes

Reaction score
but how do these ovulation/fertility tests work? do you have to do one everyday?

Yer - daily :D

They are like a PG test only you may always or often have a second line but a positive means it has to be as strong or stronger than the test line :D

i dont get how you work out cycles and stuff like that?? am i stupid

No cause i was the same ...

In the end it turned out i didn't need to lol

Depends .... Is AF regular?

If so how long are your cycles?

Depends .... Is AF regular?

If so how long are your cycles?

ive never really been regular. sometimes periods can be 3 weeks apart, sometimes 7 weeks. i even had a diagnostic laparoscopy 2 years ago to see if there was anything wrong as i bleed very heavily and was in severe pain and coz im so irregular. but they couldnt find anything

Could make using OPKs difficult tbh! So you would be talking daily if you wanted to pin point the best time to BD in that month.

Ideally you would only use Ovulation detectors on the days leading up to Ovulation, which typically is between 14-16 days before your period is due. However if you have irregular periods, it will be hard for you to know when to start testing and daily ovulation testing is very expensive!

I would reccomend you start noting your "fertility" symptoms - Such as taking not of your CM (Cervical Mucous) and eventually checking your cervical position (Alhough this takes some getting used to!) - These are the best indicators of when you are most fertile.

With your Cervix you are looking for it to be High, soft and open.

You want your CM to be one of the following:-

Creamy, Milky, Lotion Like - FERTILE
Cervical fluid now becomes much more abundant and will feel wet from 2 - 4 days. It can appear either thick and creamy or like hand lotion and will form peaks in your fingertips when pulled apart or can be thinner and look milky. Color of the fluid is white or yellow and the overall vaginal sensation is wet.
Eggwhite Cervical Fluid - VERY FERTILE
Cervical fluid now reaches its most fertile stage for 1 - 5 days. The fluid will look and have the consistency of eggwhites. It is slippery to the touch and if pulled between the fingertips

Hope this helps!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->