Might be a weird question for this board...but is anyone here not getting any scans?

I've never felt the need for an early scan during first tri. I like the reassurance of a 13 week one, to confirm that first trimester didn't cause any problems and there isn't anything lurking for me as a surprise. I've also never really allowed myself to feel pregnant before seeing an actual baby on the screen! Can totally understand the anxiety, though - even though I've never had an early loss, I've never been as nervous as the day of my first ultrasound scan this time around.

I'd always opt for the 20 week scan, too, just so I could prepare myself for any obvious problems we were going to face. I'd like to know in advance if we're going to need medical care and interventions, or if we're going to be needing an earlier delivery or just generally keeping an eye on.

I do also understand about not finding scans reassuring. I'm having scans every 3 weeks now, and they're only reassuring while they're happening. I know that as soon as that machine is turned off, anything could be happening in there. Movement is much more reassuring once it's being felt.

Only you can make this decision. As long as you're comfortable with all the potential outcomes, then you're making an informed decision and no-one can criticise you for that x

Im one of those people that would never be able to go through a whole pregnancy without a scan! I dont have anything against those who wouldnt want a scan as each to their own but I personally would need to make sure lil baby is fine in there so I could relax and enjoy the rest of my pregnancy without worrying

Hi

I had a scan on tues at 7+2, this was you can say viability as I cramped and bled a whole week over christmas.

When I get to 2nd trimester I get called in every 2 weeks for bloods and scans, they check blood flow at certain sites of baby. I'm high risk with FYA antibodies along with E and K. FYA being the biggy as hubby FYA antigen positive. Babes always inherent fathers antigens, i've developed FYA antibody from 1st pregnancy. E and K from blood transfusion when I was 11. Anyways our daughter had to be delivered as emergency 6 weeks early. Had routine scan, my antibodies invaded her and she was in trouble, if I didn't have regular check ups with scans etc she probably wouldnt be here today.

So for me I need scans otherwise it puts baby in too much risk along with my health.

If I had low risk pregnancies I would probably opt for the 12 and 20 week so I knew what to expect.

Good luck earthmama. Are you still doing progesterone?

Hi

Good luck earthmama. Are you still doing progesterone?

Yes, I am doing a natural progesterone oil which I will start weaning off of once I hit the second trimester...to be completely done with it by 16 weeks.

I think if I felt worried or anxious I would need a scan. But I just don't feel worried at all. It's the strangest thing after 2 mc's, you'd think I'd be a nervous wreck. But I'm just not...it's oddly the calmest and most content I've been in ages. (except for those hormonal moments...hehe)

I'm pretty excited to just 'let it be' for now and see what happens. :)

I found out I was pregnant on january 4th but had to wait till Monday to call the midwife. So midwife was called on January 6th. Not 30 minutes later, I'd booked and paid for a scan and had that at 7w+5 on January 10th.

I think that shows my stance on this ;)

I don't believe in trusting the body. Bodies are faulty - if they weren't, no one would miscarry. For all of the 10-15 minutes I'm in that room, I'm completely relaxed in the knowledge that my baby still has a beating heart and that makes it 100% worth it to me. If I could afford a weekly scan, I'd have one :thumbup:

I have come to feel (for me personally) that my body did not make a mistake in miscarrying a fetus that wouldn't be viable outside of the womb.

Oh and I might still go to my ultrasound in a week...lol. Really will depend on my state of mind that day.

I have come to feel (for me personally) that my body did not make a mistake in miscarrying a fetus that wouldn't be viable outside of the womb.

I agree wholeheartedly with this!

Good luck with whatever you decide, I can totally see your point of view.
Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->