might be sent in today blood pressure..

laura109

Reaction score
I started out with a blood pressure reading of 110/65.... it stayed low until i hit about 30 weeks and it creeped up to 120/70 120/75 120/80 and then monday it was 130/85 so the midwife wants me back this morning and if its not improving ive got to travel 45 mins to be monitored at the hospital....

I feel like my head is going to explode with everyone in my family telling me what they think. It could be my food. I need to rest amd drink plenty.... i should go for walks!!! I need to not eat before i go. I must not talk why the midwife is taking it.... omg i feel like telling them if anything there making it high!!!

My fingers are tingly aswel and i trust that my midwifes no what there doing. Its not that high but for me it is.

I prefer opinions on here because my family irritate me. Also some people are saying i might be induced... others are saying they wont induce me.

Any experiences asap???

Urgh!!!! I had preeclampsia and family can be so fucking ignorant.

Mine drove me nuts. You'll find that diet, exercise and your moods can greatly effect your systolic no. (The top one) but they don't influence the bottom one (diastolic) if your body is in fact on its way to PE there is nothing you can do to stop it. It's to do with the placenta and how it's functioning and has fuck all to do with diet and lifestyle.

My mother had the hide to BLAME me for getting PE because i shouldn't of spent an entire day cleaning because i was pregnant and now look what I've done to myself.

I'm sorry I swore so much in my reply but i dealt with the exact same thing and their ignorance and ill informed advice was so horrendously painful

if you get PIH or PE you'll see what i mean. You can have 1 reading of say 110/90 so your doctor asks ypu to sit in a quiet room for 20mins only to see it go up to 120/95 so he turns the lights off for 20mins only to have it go up to 130/100. i knew it wasn't stress because i was as cool as a cucumber and not knowing anything about BP at the time was completely unconcerned about the numbers he was saying.

But yeah at the core of it. NOTHING you do within your lifestyle will influence whether you get preeclampsia from here or not. You might be able to influence a couple of readings by really relaxing and so forth but only if you have no hypertension problems already brewing and even if you do manage to make a couple low it isn't going to change when/if the onset of PE happens.

Being 39 weeks they will just induce you if things look like they're heading that way. they would never bothet with meds so late in the game. you CAN always say No, you can ask for more frequent monitoring and agree of your BP gets even higher or if you start to show proteinuria then you'll agree to an induction. You can adk HOW dangerous they believe those readings to be, if they say they're not that dangerous but could get worse you may feel confident enough to wait a little longer. if they say you're a walking stroke then obviously you'd induce. They don't look that alarming to me but I'm not a medical professional.

My sister in law was induced at 37 was with first baby due to her blood pressure. It failed so they did c section that evening. Second baby there were similar issues but c section done just a few days before due date.

Not sure how high her blood pressure was. It is possible you will be induced but presumably they will only do that over a certain bp threshold.

Good luck!

Urgh!!!! I had preeclampsia and family can be so fucking ignorant.

Mine drove me nuts. You'll find that diet, exercise and your moods can greatly effect your systolic no. (The top one) but they don't influence the bottom one (diastolic) if your body is in fact on its way to PE there is nothing you can do to stop it. It's to do with the placenta and how it's functioning and has fuck all to do with diet and lifestyle.

My mother had the hide to BLAME me for getting PE because i shouldn't of spent an entire day cleaning because i was pregnant and now look what I've done to myself.

I'm sorry I swore so much in my reply but i dealt with the exact same thing and their ignorance and ill informed advice was so horrendously painful

if you get PIH or PE you'll see what i mean. You can have 1 reading of say 110/90 so your doctor asks ypu to sit in a quiet room for 20mins only to see it go up to 120/95 so he turns the lights off for 20mins only to have it go up to 130/100. i knew it wasn't stress because i was as cool as a cucumber and not knowing anything about BP at the time was completely unconcerned about the numbers he was saying.

But yeah at the core of it. NOTHING you do within your lifestyle will influence whether you get preeclampsia from here or not. You might be able to influence a couple of readings by really relaxing and so forth but only if you have no hypertension problems already brewing and even if you do manage to make a couple low it isn't going to change when/if the onset of PE happens.

Being 39 weeks they will just induce you if things look like they're heading that way. they would never bothet with meds so late in the game. you CAN always say No, you can ask for more frequent monitoring and agree of your BP gets even higher or if you start to show proteinuria then you'll agree to an induction. You can adk HOW dangerous they believe those readings to be, if they say they're not that dangerous but could get worse you may feel confident enough to wait a little longer. if they say you're a walking stroke then obviously you'd induce. They don't look that alarming to me but I'm not a medical professional.

Thanks for your reply. I felt better for reading it! I burst into tears last night because everyone was telling me what i need to do and whats perhaps caused it...

anyway it is 150/90 today. It needs to be 91 for them to take me in for tests so im back for more tests at my doctors tomorrow. Its all fun and games! As soon as i text my sister she replied i think you neex a big walk. I replied and told her ive been told to rest and not exercise. Bet she thinks im just happy to take the lazy option. Hopefully i will know more tomorrow! X

Exercise helps blood pressure in the long term. Or improves our system and our bodies. it isn't going to bring down our BP in the immediate future! Especially not with pregnancy induced hypertension.

I was also on strict bedrest when i was in hospital with my BP. They wouldn't let me even walk to the hospital cafeteria.

They medicated me when i had PIH because i was only 29 weeks but they warned even though it brings down my BP it doesn't stop the progression of PIH or PE at all.

I stopped giving my family updates. Stopped telling them i was in hospital again.

Find an understanding friend

Or send them a link to pregnancy induced hypertension that outlines the causes and i guarantee you none of the rubbish reasons they're giving you are written on there.

I'm in almost the same boat. I went in for my 32 week check up and my bp I staying at 130/80 when its been around 110/70 this whom time. Lots of swelling everywhere. So of course everyone wants to put their 2 cents in. What are you eating. Cut back on salt. Do tho do that. No thanks ill listen to the guy with md behind his name. Already got my 2 steroid shots for his lungs now I'm just going every week to check in my swelling n bp.

Had PIH last time. Nothing is going to make it go down- less salt, exercise, blah blah blah. It has to do with the placenta. The only cure is delivering the placenta. Period. Best bet is to rest. Exercise at this point will elevate it further, putting you and baby at risk of complications. I ended up induced and in hospital on complete bed rest (not even sitting up! 15 minutes out of bed a day, in a wheelchair being pushed by my Dh. ) The positive news though is, my son was born healthy and my blood pressure went back to normal and we had no complications afterwards. Good luck!

Had PIH last time. Nothing is going to make it go down- less salt, exercise, blah blah blah. It has to do with the placenta. The only cure is delivering the placenta. Period. Best bet is to rest. Exercise at this point will elevate it further, putting you and baby at risk of complications. I ended up induced and in hospital on complete bed rest (not even sitting up! 15 minutes out of bed a day, in a wheelchair being pushed by my Dh. ) The positive news though is, my son was born healthy and my blood pressure went back to normal and we had no complications afterwards. Good luck!

Urgh i found the wheel chair so humiliating. I asked so nicely for them to just let me walk the short hallway to the scan room each week but they refused.

Thanks ladies. There still checking me every 48 hours. Hopefully she will be out soon.

39+4...It's only a matter of time at this point :). Good luck!

Thought labour was starting last night cramps in back and stomach indigestion felt sick pains down there.

This morning nothing. Lol. X

Any day now!

Your body is obviously prepping for it

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g