Might be thinking too much, but...

Megloves

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I was just wondering, my OH's name is Rhett, and we were thinking about the name Scarlett if we are having a girl. BUT, immediately we thought it might seem a bit odd to have two well known Gone With the Wind names in one family, with Rhett and Scarlett.

We definitely want a "southern" name for our child to honor his roots, but were not sure if it seemed odd or not. :)

I don't think it's the slightest bit odd.

PS LOVE the name Rhett, how cool!

Loverly! I dont think there will be too much gone with the wind i mean who says this is scarlett and oh my husbands name is rhett!

I wouldnt make the link but its a bit odd that they rhyme personally

im always confused as to what class a southern names as im not american, I though my kid(s) names where southern but they are like classic 1800s wild west names so im probably no help

I wouldnt make the link but its a bit odd that they rhyme personally

im always confused as to what class a southern names as im not american, I though my kid(s) names where southern but they are like classic 1800s wild west names so im probably no help

Oh my gosh I didn't even think about them rhyming. I always thought scarlett had a bit more of an "it" sound to the end of it and Rhett has a bit more of an "et" sound to the end of it but now that i think about it they kind of do. even more stuff to think about. :dohh:

I think it sounds great! I wouldn't worry about the gone with the wind thing. Also in my accent Rhett and Scarlett aren't pronounced the same. Scarlett has more of a lutt at the end not lett.

If you're worried about the 'Gone with the Wind' association, maybe use Charlotte instead? Scarlett is very pretty too, though.

hmmm... it might be a regional thing then but my friends daughter is Scarlett and we all pronounce it they way its spelled so Scar-Let

Love it, don't think its strange at all or that people will even make the connection. Its a beautiful name x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->