Migraine, help!

LesleyP

Mummy to Lily-May ♥
Reaction score
Hi everyone :flower:

Two weeks ago I had my very first migraine, I knew it wasn't a normal headache because it was SO painful. It made me dizzy, feel sick, I couldn't focus on things or look at light without it getting worse.

Now, I've had this migraine for two weeks now... it did go away for two days but it's come back again. I can only take Paracetamol as I'm allergic to Aspirin but they don't really do much for it :(

I've never heard of a migraine lasting this long before.... is it normal? I am going to make an appointment at the doctors but just wanted some advice on here.

Thanks in advance! xx

Hey hun :)

I've suffered from migraines since I was 14 and they are evil evil evil! I'm still trying to get my medication sorted out - I get them a LOT sometimes - I have had a lot in the past 2-3 weeks actually. I think you're doing the right thing seeing the doctor. I'm now trying out my 3rd preventative medication, and I get Imigran tablets which I take as soon as I start with a migraine and they usually work pretty well. Have you tried anything like white Tiger Balm rubbed on your forehead, temples and back of your neck? That helps me so much. I also find Syndol pretty good, and Paramol. I am ok with aspirin but allergic to Ibuprofen so that limits me a bit as well.

Has anything changed recently, eg sleep patterns/eating/anything hormonal?

xxx

Hi everyone :flower:

Two weeks ago I had my very first migraine, I knew it wasn't a normal headache because it was SO painful. It made me dizzy, feel sick, I couldn't focus on things or look at light without it getting worse.

Now, I've had this migraine for two weeks now... it did go away for two days but it's come back again. I can only take Paracetamol as I'm allergic to Aspirin but they don't really do much for it :(

I've never heard of a migraine lasting this long before.... is it normal? I am going to make an appointment at the doctors but just wanted some advice on here.

Thanks in advance! xx

Hi

I wld reccomend a vist to your local GP as i had one lasting ages and went to doctors and because i passed out there i had to have brain scans done... It may be nothing but then again it cld be something... xx

Hey hun :)

I've suffered from migraines since I was 14 and they are evil evil evil! I'm still trying to get my medication sorted out - I get them a LOT sometimes - I have had a lot in the past 2-3 weeks actually. I think you're doing the right thing seeing the doctor. I'm now trying out my 3rd preventative medication, and I get Imigran tablets which I take as soon as I start with a migraine and they usually work pretty well. Have you tried anything like white Tiger Balm rubbed on your forehead, temples and back of your neck? That helps me so much. I also find Syndol pretty good, and Paramol. I am ok with aspirin but allergic to Ibuprofen so that limits me a bit as well.

Has anything changed recently, eg sleep patterns/eating/anything hormonal?

xxx

This is pretty much the same as me.I take propranolol as a preventive ,solpadol (strong cocodamol) when i feel an attack comming on aswel as Imigran.You are doing right seeing your doctor but before hand if you have any other attacks before you see your doctor I would reccomend cocodamol (8/500mg)they have codeine and paracetamol in and avaliable from the chemist or even Migraleve they are even better as they contain both codeine and paracetamol but also a drug that helps with the sickness feeling.:hugs: i feel your pain as I have also suffered migranes since I was 14 and they have become worse lately x x

It's not unusual for miraines to last days...

I've suffered with then since I was about 7. I was getting them almost daily, used to get violently sick, couldn't be anywhere near light, and felt like a sledgehammer in my head! I was put on preventative meds (Sanomigran) and prescribed Imigran (you now don't need a prescription for this). I was weaned off them when I was about 18 as my attacks were pretty much under control. As I got older, I developed migraines with auras, and basically can't see a thing when I have an attack- for me, it's almost worse than the pain and sickness. I don't get attacks so regularly now, but when I do, I know they're on their way at such an early stage, I can take something to nip it in the bud before it really develops into much. I would say, though, I still feel completely worn out and drained for a couple of days after.

I'd say Imigran is great. As is migralieve (as pp says, it contains paracetamol, codeine and antisickness). It also comes in 2 varieties- one to take at the early stage to prevent it developing further, and one to take when it's more developed.

If they persist, I'd definitely go get checked out with the docs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->