Migraines and Pregnancy

oedipamass

Reaction score
Hello ladies,

I was wondering if anyone else was struggling with migraines during her pregnancy. I am 8 weeks today and have had two severe migraines in the past 2 weeks. I have had migraines my whole life (so has my mother) but since I got pregnant, I am experiencing numbness in my hands and face, slurred words, confusion, and other stroke-like symptoms during my migraines. It's really scary. Anyone else dealing with this?

Does it get better or worse?

Some people seem to get migraines the way others get morning sickness and it lasts about the same amount of time - it's all hormone related. I'm sure you're already doing this but be sure to keep hydrated.

The numb hands, slurred speech etc does not sound good - have you seen a doctor about this?

:flower:

The numb hands, slurred speech etc does not sound good - have you seen a doctor about this?

Not yet. Apparently the term is "hemiplegic migraine" and they're pretty rare. I found out from my mother also had exactly these symptoms when she was pregnant with my brother and me, so I know its genetic. She has learned how to manage it to some extent and from what I've read, there aren't any safe migraine meds to take in pregnancy. :nope:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->