Migraines during first trimester???

mommysbabys11

Reaction score
With my first son who is 14 I had terrible migraines. So bad in fact that that's how I discovered I was pregnant by going to the ER. About a year prior to that, I had been hospitalized for migraines and diagnosed with cluster headaches.

Now, I am 9 weeks and the migraines the last 2 weeks have been unbearable. My Dr told me to try tylenol first, then excedrin if the tylenol doesn't work. After that she instructed that I go to the ER if I still can't get them under control, and they will give me percocet (which is pregnancy friendly).

It just seems SO dramatic! To go to the ER BC I can't take ibuprofen?

I also do natural things to try to remedy them... Cold packs on my head, heating pads on my neck and shoulders, essential oils, massage, showers... But they have become unbearable. I almost took myself to the ER last night but didn't want to leave my son home alone...

Has anyone else dealt with these? Any suggestions? I can't go to the ER every time I have a migraine, and I can't afford to lose days at a time because of it...

Benadryl surprisingly really helps with migraines. That’s what the ER told me when I went in dehydrated. They have a non drowsy form of it too. Also make sure your electrolytes stay up, drinking gatorade helps

I've had a migraine for 3 days, they're so horrible when pregnant. I've been taking a Tylenol with a cup of tea, which takes the edge off. You can also try drinking hot water, as there's something about a hot drink that helps. Hope you feel better!

Wowzers! I remember those with my first pregnancy. Praying that yal get better

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"