Migraines, help!

yaelibelli

Reaction score
I have these horrible migraines lately –can anyone recommend something that will help me without risk to my baby?

I was only allowed to take Tylenol, so I'd pop some with a coke/other caffeine product and then go lay down in a dark room for a few hours and try to sleep it off. Hope you feel better :hugs:

I've been getting them too and I agree with kitteh, can of coke and 2 paracetamol have been the only thing that's worked.

I agree with what they other ladies said. Also, soaking in epsom salts can help, because the magnesium helps relax your muscles and your absorb it through your skin. I was always worried if it was ok or not though, so you might want to check that your doctor/midwife is alright with you using epsom salts. Good luck, the headaches are pure misery :(

I have them bad too. I just try to ride out the pain train. Tylenol is an option or a cup of coffee.

I have them too :( . Tylenol are safe, my doc recommended them to me. Migraines are nightmares.

Since I dont take any sort of pain killers, and i get migraines often, i put a cool rag over my forehead and either take a nap or put headphones in and listen to rain with my eyes closed. Most often napping ends up being the only way to get the headaches to go away. :)

I use those 4head sticks which help a little. Nothing much else you can do except try and nap it off :(xx

My doctor said to drink a cup of coffee and take two Tylenol. I guess a coke and two Tylenol would be about the same.
The only thing that really helps me is having ice packs on hand. I have four I use in rotation. They make it feel better while they're on.

2 things (cause in pregnancy I immediately started getting the migraines where you feel like you're going to die and you throw up and nothing helps).

1) "catch it" early as in, once it starts to come on take Tylenol and drink a mini coke.:) I avoided Tylenol and caffeine for sooo long but I really feel like the stess on my body from several days of migraine every few weeks had to be worse for the baby than caffeine and Tylenol but of course it's up to you. But my advice is once you feel the dull pain of a migraine starting then take the Tylenol and drink the caffeine right away! Also chug a giant thing of water for good measure. I started doing this about six weeks ago and I think I maybe staved off a couple migraines.

2) take magnesium every day. My doctor approved this but you might want to ask yours. There have been studies about migraines and magnesium deficiency. It's supposed to take several months for the preventative effects to kick in but I have only had one migraine since starting to take it about six weeks ago and that migraine only lasted about half the time! I honestly think the magnesium is helping. My sister in law says when she stops taking magnesium she immediately gets a migraine. I'm taking a supplement called magox and there is also one a lot of people mix in their drink called natural calm.

Of course check with your doc about my tips. But migraines are the worst and I feel for you!!

The only thing I can do to get over a migraine is sleep. No amount of Tylenol or caffeine will help me. They will for a regular headache but if I have a migraine I can't even see straight. Hope you feel better .

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->