Migraines in pregnancy

MissPlum

Reaction score
I have been suffering with really bad migraines since I was about 4 or 5 weeks gone, I am now 12+4 and still they do not appear to be showing any signs of disappearing.
Just wondering if anyone gets them like this? I'm stuggling to get through the day and trying to work is so hard because I'm in absolute agony. My gp said that there is nothing I can do about it.
I just want them to stop so I can begin to feel normal again

I take magnesium for headaches. My doctor said it is perfectly safe to take during pregnancy.

I also take magnesium. took about a week to start working, but have only had one or two headaches in the 4 months I've been taking it.

I suffer from migraines too and the problem during pregnancy is that there isn't a lot you can do about it. I haven't had migraines as long as you have, but I found that if I took paracetamol early on and had a rest in the dark, it helped a little bit. However, it doesn't always work. The other thing I have done in previous pregnancies is rub a little lavender essential oil on my temples. I know that you should avoid essential oils during pregnancy, but when you really suffer... anyway, that's what has helped me in the past.
I hope it gets better for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->