Mikayla Marie Update!

keldac

3 mc, 1 angel and 3 lc
Reaction score
Hello all,

As requested by bumpsmum I think its about time I did a little update on my lovely Mikayla Marie.

For those of you who don't know us, Mikayla was not given any chance of survival at the beginning - and was then told she would be severley brain damaged if she did survive. This was due to a concealed abruption at 33 weeks.

Mikayla has exceeded everyones expectations :happydance::happydance:

I am sooo pleased to say Mikayla is perfecty healthy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She is now 11 months old and is doing just what an 11 month should do (even though 9 months corrected)

She can pull herself up, crawl around feed herself (ish!) and says those wonderful words 'mamma' and 'dadda' as well as 'hiya'

The doctors are amazed and don't expect any lasting damage now. (HA proves them all wrong!) She is still small, around 15lb, but a lot of preemies are like that as you know!

Here are a few recent piccies.

Love to you all and your little ones xx

https://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s77/kellydace/Winter%202009-2010/Picture269.jpg

https://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s77/kellydace/Winter%202009-2010/Picture277.jpg

I rememeber your story, I was in 3rd tri at the time, what a fab update! Go Mikayla! :happydance: x

What a gorgeous wee smiler!

I love hearing these stories where babies confound the doctors and amaze their parents and do brilliantly.

oooh she is a stunner!!! Im so glad you posted an update-perhaps I shall do one too nearer Brookes first birthday.

Little Mikayla Marie is going to be right little rascal by the looks of that cheeky little grin and lovely long leggies, too!!

You go little lady and continue to prove all those doctors wrong!!

:cloud9::cloud9:

That's very good to hear, go Mikayla, she is absolutely gorgeous!!!!!!!:hugs:

Awww thats a fab update! She is just amazing. What a proud Mummy you will be. Shes a wee stunner too.

These stories make it all worthwhile.

xxxxxx

OMG she looks so grown up! She is stunning, and looks so happy, thanks for the update :hugs:

oh ta much for the fantastic update, Mikalya is so beautiful and those long legs dont half make up for her weight! Its success stories like yours that gives those just starting out on this journey hope xx

Awww I am thrilled to hear she is doing so well. She is so cute and I love the mischievious look in her eyes lol.

I have never met any of you on here but it makes me so happy to hear of everyone reaching their milestones on time or ahead of time :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->