MIL and team yellow

Rachel89

Reaction score
Hi everybody! Comgratulations on your pregnancies, and I wish you a healthy one:flower:

This is our second pregnancy. With our first I had HG, and opted to find out the gender of the baby especially for a closer bond.

With this baby regardless if I get HG or not, we want to change things up and stay team yellow.

We told MIL this, whom I do not have a good relationship with, but we try to keep things respectful. BIL also was team yellow with his and his girlfriends pregnancy, and MIL asked them if she could know. So the sonographer told her, and no one else knew.

So she outright asked me infront of everybody like this: BIL (her son) was also team yellow, and they allowed me to know and no one else, can I be the only one to know with you guys?

She did it in front of everyone, which I did not like, because it was the day we revealed our pregnancy to her in a cute way. And she knows we have a rocky bond, and if I say no infront of others I will look bad. And how she had to put 'like bil and gf let me be the only one to know' part Also rubbed me the wrong way. So I deviated from the question and said how often they mistake the sex.

How would you handle the situation? I dont want anyone else to know, besides how would that be fair towards my mum? And it is not what we want.

:flower: thank you beforehand!

You handled that very well! Just say at the ultrasound that baby was being shy or she will get the first text when baby arrives or straight up tell her no that wouldn't be fair to my mother.

You poor thing. Your mil is just downright disrespectful. You handled it well.
I would get your husband to talk to her...not you....and tell her you are team yellow and noone will know including her. It really isn't fair to your mum either.

I would get your husband to have the talk about it, just tell her you both dont want anyone to know, as you want to be the first to see for yourself and then announce to everyone after baby is born, if she gets the ump its basically tough luck its your baby your choice, but i would definately get your husband to tell her because then its not you she can blame, best of luck hun xx

Yeah get OH to have a word with her. Absolutely not fair, especially for her to know and your mum not to. MIL is not your priority, yours and OH's happiness is and I know I wouldn't be happy at all if someone else in the family knew the sex before we did! We as parents should be the first to know the gender of our own children and just because BIL wanted it like that doesn't mean you have to.

My OH's dad tried to make us tell his mum I was pregnant right away! Like FFS I haven't even told my children yet not a chance in hell the whole world is knowing before they even do!

I'm sorry but there is no way on this earth that I would have anybody knowing the sex of my baby before me and my husband!! I can't believe she would even ask. I think you handled it well and to be honest your DH needs to handle this and tell her it is absolutely not an option.

If it was me i would of said no sorry, i could see how that would have been intimidating thoughg but in my opinion whats the point being team yellow if someone knows the sex of the baby

Xx

We are planning to not find out the gender of this baby (we already have a 4 year old daughter and 3 year old son so why not?) and I've already heard the "how will we know what to buy for the baby" etc.. It's your decision to make, so she needs to respect that. I wouldn't tell her if you aren't comfortable with it. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->