MIL and the flu...

misspriss

Reaction score
So I had a doctor's appointment before work Monday, and Monday morning MIL texted and said she wasn't feeling well. Perfect storm of the year, it is the one day DH had to work early (he would usually still be home) and the next week my sister's schedule changed so she could watch DS on Mondays, AND DS was coughing and sick (mild cold). Now, I was doing my glucose test that day, had already did my drink and was on a countdown to get to the doctor's office in time....so we agreed she would come over and watch him just for my appt and then I'd stay home from work. I would normally just take DS, but since he was sick I didn't want to take him to the OB office.

We did that, she watched him at my house for a couple hours, then went home. Yeah apparently she started puking while here and running a fever. Great. So today, she said she isn't feeling any better, but she had a fever when she went to bed last night but it's gone now. I told her don't worry, I won't go to work she should rest. She replies back "Are you sure? I don't want you to miss work. I think it's the flu"....

How could you say, in the same message, I have the flu, are you sure you don't want to go into work and leave your 2 year old with me, at your house, so I can spread more flu germs around you, while you are pregnant?

I know, she's sick, she just isn't thinking straight. But still. I was like, really? What do you mean am I sure? you just said you had the flu, why would I leave my son with you, it's bad enough we had no other choice yesterday since you didn't tell me until 30 minutes before I had to leave that you were not feeling well. :dohh:

I just had to say something.

Uh. I've had my sickest winter in my entire life. You don't want your son to get the flu, or you to be around any germs period! Maybe she was meaning well and feeling guilty for you missing work, but duh NO you don't want her and her flu to come over!

Oh yes, I know she means perfectly well, comes from a good place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->