MIL has overstepped the mark!!!

valentine1

Reaction score
I had debilitating morning sickness up until 14 weeks when my OB prescribed me Restavit. It's a sleeping tablet that I take every night (I only take 1/2 to a 1/4) and the antihistamine in it allows me to actually function. No vomiting and I can get out to bed, yay! I've tried not taking it to see if I'm getting better but I spend all day vomiting and not being able to move.

Well, I just found out my MIL has been talking behind my back about how she was sooo worried that the medication I'm taking is hurting the baby & she's concerned it's a sleeping tablet. She even went to her GP and asked them about it! Apparently the GP looked it up and said it was fine (duh) so now 'she feels a little bit better'.

I am furious! I am paying a private obstetrician to monitor MY pregnancy and why would he give me something that could harm my baby? And why, does she think her GP would know more than my Obstetrician who deals with pregnancies every single day? Last of all, it's not any of her damn business and I don't know who she thinks she is questioning me and what I am doing. We struggled to conceive and did IVF, I would never put my baby at harm, like I'm sure any good mother to be wouldn't. I am just beyond furious and it goes to show she can not be trusted. She will question and go behind my back about everything to do with this baby once born. I hate to think who she's talked about this too already. I probably have a group of people who now think I'm taking medication irresponsibly.

How am I supposed to feel like I'm doing what is best for me and my baby when I've got her questioning me behind my back?

Well shes living up to the role of 'the in laws' of course she shouldn't do what shes done but you know what... Hold your head high in the knowledge your OB prescribed it and now your MIL shoved her foot well and truly n her mouth by asking the gp to check up on it.

Tell her if she can take your morning sickness for you then you will stop taking the tablets...... in laws eh? Nightmare!

Well shes living up to the role of 'the in laws' of course she shouldn't do what shes done but you know what... Hold your head high in the knowledge your OB prescribed it and now your MIL shoved her foot well and truly n her mouth by asking the gp to check up on it.

I'll try! I find it hard to bite my tongue. Just wish I knew she wouldn't do this once bubs is born. But she will. Yep, typical in-law unfortunately!

Tell her if she can take your morning sickness for you then you will stop taking the tablets...... in laws eh? Nightmare!

She doesn't really believe in morning sickness because she had 3 perfect pregnancies! So it's not surprising really! But yes I should say that. Definitely nightmare, you can say that again!

I dont mean to sound rude about your MIL but can your other half not have a quiet word?

Its not very nice that shes felt the need to go checking up behind your back. She should just take your word for it.

To be honest, I agree that she could be like that over everything once the baby is here if shes started already. I would be feeling the need to nip it in the bud, so to speak.

Its hard enough having to go through sickness in pregnancy then look after a baby etc without somebody adding to the stress.

Well let her do it when baby is here and prove her parenting skills wrong by keeping your child exactly as kids should be.

I don't have a mother in law but i do have my grandmother living next door and shes always 'shouldnt ge have socks on', 'is it really a good idea to let him have that'

Then she saw him yesterday when my own mum was there and it was 'have you seen how he doesn't wear socks ever' my mum just goes 'well it shows hes part Williamson eh coz i never wore them and neither did my kids if hes cold he'll let them cover hidms feet'

Granny 1- Great granny NIL

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->