Mild Cramping at 9 weeks?

wonders10

Mommy to an Adorable Girl
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am 9 + 5 today - almost into double digits! I've been having some mild cramps/stretching pains for the past few days. They are not all day but come and go. I'm definitely not doubled over in pain, but they are noticeable. Prior to this, I hadn't really had a whole lot of cramping since 6 or 7 weeks. I am not spotting and I saw a healthy baby with strong heartbeat last week. I guess I thought cramping was more a first few weeks thing and would have stopped by now.

Does it sound normal?

Yes totally normal. Look up round ligament pain, this could be what you are experiencing.

Your bean is growing :flower:

Yes totally normal. Look up round ligament pain, this could be what you are experiencing.

Your bean is growing :flower:

Thank you for replying!

I've heard of round ligament pain and I do think I have experienced that - but with that, it feels more like a sharp pain when I move a certain way or sneeze in the wrong position. These "cramps" are a steady, dull ache/stretch that comes and go :shrug:

But yes, I guess it is a growth spurt, which is why it comes and goes every few weeks?

OMG the pain when sneezing is the worst!

But otherwise gentle tugging/stretching is totally normal. Give your midwife a ring in the morning to put your mind at rest :thumbup:

I had the same type of cramps last week at the beginning of my 10th week. I was a bit freaked out too because I had only had cramping when I was about 5-6 weeks pregnant. The cramps went away after a few days and all is well! :). I wouldn't stress over it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->