Mild fever for two weeks

Natsku

Reaction score
During the first week I had an urinary infection which would explain the fever, took the course of antibiotics and all symptoms went away except for the fever. It hovers between 37.8 and 38.3 all day long every day (checked with an ear thermometer, not oral) and the only other symptom I have is extreme tiredness and a headache two days ago that lasted most of the day (went away with painkillers but returned after they stopped working). Oh yeah and I'm slightly out of breath a lot of the time but was recently diagnosed with asthma and don't always remember to take my inhaler every morning and evening.

Is this worth making a doctor's appointment about or is it just my body still recovering from the UTI?

I would personally try and take your inhaler every morning and evening; your asthma could cause your headaches and tiredness if there's not enough oxygen circling around your body, that will then eat your breathlessness too.

That won't affect temperature though but it can take a little whole to overcome a uti, I'd book in Again as precaution.
X

I woyld see the doc as well, fever means your body is fighting something off:)

Think I'll give the doc a call in the morning then.

I went to the doctor. CRP was normal and urine test was normal so she just said it was nothing really. I am feeling better today, can breathe better so maybe it was nothing :shrugs: my thermometer still says I have a fever, starting to think its broken.

I wouldn't be concerned about that temperature taken with an ear thermometer, since temps in the ear are higher than taken under the arm. Ear thermometers are sometimes unreliable too.

In most adults, an oral temperature above 100F (37.8C) or a rectal or ear temperature above 101F (38.3C) is considered a fever.
https://firstaid.webmd.com/body-temperature

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->