Milk blister help

xQuinnx

Reaction score
My little one is 3 months old and feedings been fine for weeks now then all of a sudden I get a terrible pain when she's feeding from one side!! This happens a couple of times then I notice a tiny white spot on my nipple. I did the advice on the Kelly mom site (warm compress, salt bath, olive oil, expressing, feeding from that side etc) and this could be TMI but some of the white bit sort of peeled off and milk flows out of it but doesn't squirt like I've heard some people say? It stopped hurting since but there's still a bit of white there? It shrank to the size of a pin prick but has grown again?? Is this just part of the healing? Because it's not 'squirted' does that mean it's still blocked? It's been 4 days now. Any advice??

Sometimes you can develop thrush in the nipple and get repeated milk blisters (blebs) from that. It's possible for it to look like a milk blister and actually just be related to thrush also. Especially in those early months when the baby nurses often and it's got that moist environment. you can treat yourself and baby safely with nyastatin from the pediatrician, or also, coat the nipple with some lansinoh and that creates a moisture barrier and may help relieve it within a week if it's mild.

Sometimes you can develop thrush in the nipple and get repeated milk blisters (blebs) from that. It's possible for it to look like a milk blister and actually just be related to thrush also. Especially in those early months when the baby nurses often and it's got that moist environment. you can treat yourself and baby safely with nyastatin from the pediatrician, or also, coat the nipple with some lansinoh and that creates a moisture barrier and may help relieve it within a week if it's mild.

Thanks so much for the advice! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->