Milk for 16 month old

LynAnne

Mum to 2 Boys
Reaction score
Ds will be 16 months old on Tuesday and I'm just wondering how much cows milk your LOL drinks at this age.

Up until the last couple of days he had been having 2 bottles: 4-5oz in the morning and 7oz at night, but he has shown little interest in having milk in the morning. He's been waking up a little later as DH has been off work for a couple of days so that may have something to do with it. He loves cheese, I make a few milk-based sauces and foods and about every other day he has yoghurt so I'm not too worried about him getting enough calcium etc.

I'm thinking of offering his morning milk in a cup and might start giving him weetabix or cheerios with a spot of milk for breakfast (he currently loves porridge). Keeping the nighttime bottle for another few months yet I think. Thoughts?

Once my daughter stopped breastfeeding at 13 months old I just offered her milk with her morning snack and afternoon snack, often she didn't drink it and would ask for water instead. It was maybe 4 oz each time. She loves yogurt and has it usually every morning and also eats lots of cheese so I don't really worry about her milk intake. Since she's been about 18 months old we just give her water unless she specifically asks for milk, which she will do maybe every other day. We never did milk at nighttime once she stopped breastfeeding, but if he needs that comfort then you can keep going with that bottle if you want to. No hard and fast rule I guess, just do what feels right for your little guy. Are you more concerned about dropping the bottles or dropping the milk? If you want to stop the milk then you could just start watering the milk down little by little until he is drinking just water. If you want to stop the bottles then I would start offering his milk in a cup, like you said start with replacing the morning bottle with a cup and then move on to a cup at bedtime too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->