• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Milk harvesting @ 36 weeks

Pookied8476

One tube mumma to 3 bubbas❤️
Reaction score
Hv and mw have both said I can start milk harvesting... I have been warned it can stimulate labour. This is new to me they didn't have this around with my other 2.... Tonight I'm going to start pumping and freezing!! May start epo @ 2000mg also....

Ohh is this possible? I didn’t know this!!

My DD literally ate near non stop from birth to 4 months. I did my best to breastfeed and pump as much as I physically could but often had to formula supplement. It turned out she had severe reflux and feeding temporarily gave her relief so she wanted to eat all the time. But it was some absolutely insane times and it was extremely difficult with formula guilt mixed with a cranky baby and exhaustion.

I wondered if you could pump prior to birth (I’m expecting number 2) and store as I’d love to have a stash in case I’m faced with another baby who won’t stop eating! Although I’m over my guilt of formula like I had with DD I’d love to be able to exclusively breastfeed/pump if I can! So stocking up would be AWESOME!

Ohh is this possible? I didn’t know this!!

My DD literally ate near non stop from birth to 4 months. I did my best to breastfeed and pump as much as I physically could but often had to formula supplement. It turned out she had severe reflux and feeding temporarily gave her relief so she wanted to eat all the time. But it was some absolutely insane times and it was extremely difficult with formula guilt mixed with a cranky baby and exhaustion.

I wondered if you could pump prior to birth (I’m expecting number 2) and store as I’d love to have a stash in case I’m faced with another baby who won’t stop eating! Although I’m over my guilt of formula like I had with DD I’d love to be able to exclusively breastfeed/pump if I can! So stocking up would be AWESOME!
I’m not sure your meant to use a pump I think your meant to manually do it with your hands

I’m not sure your meant to use a pump I think your meant to manually do it with your hands
Hv and mw said pump is fine... And I've harvested an ounce of colostrum and milk has come in.... :)

Hv and mw said pump is fine... And I've harvested an ounce of colostrum and milk has come in.... :)

No Contactions either I've put it in seringes but the mw said my body will probably produce colostrum again when she's born...

Your MW doesnt feel like the baby can do it when shes born? You're not really helping by doing it now since surely you're not every 2-3hrs day and night like a baby. Breastfeeding is supply and demand.

I would call La Leche League, free breastfeeding help, they can tell you 100000% better than a mw

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->