Milk or breast

Iwantone!!! said:
how lovely hope ur dh is ok what do u do for a living i really want to be a mum but i dont get it takes 3mins to make heheheh and 9months to bake im so impainet
I'm an optician I sit in a dark room all dat and test peoples eyes

Tam said:
I tried desperately to breast feed, I was up all night long, swapping sides, I had blisters and blood coming from my nipples and was in so much agony, I even tried expressing with a macjine the hospital lent me, but to no avail......it wasn't until my Doctor came to see Jade and saw her nappy contents, she asked to see me immediately and I had high pressure and was not producing enough milk and was therefore starving her........she went from 7lb 14.5oz to 6lb in 1 week!

So I had to give the breast up and go with formula from that point on, but I will be giving breast feeding a go this time again, and just hope that I am more successful! x

Sounds painful Tam. Hope you get on ok this time. :hugs:

I had enormous pressure to breast feed from my midwife. I was sitting trying to breast feed when one of my nipples started to bleed. I knew I had to stop, it wasnt enjoyable for me or Becky. I didn't give up without a fight tho, I lasted 2 weeks on the breast-after cabbage leaves, lansinoh (sp) cream, then expressed for a further 2 weeks, then my milk dried up and i felt like an old cow.

I have never admitted this before (KINA don't say I told u so lol :lol:) but Rebecca's problems started when I put her on formula. She developed constipation problems and severe reflux, and I mean severe. She was throwing up like something out the exorcist! :shock: It only subsided about a month ago and what a relief!

Anyhow, whatever you feel comfortable with, and whatever works for you and the baby :lol: :wink:

KX said:
I had enormous pressure to breast feed from my midwife. I was sitting trying to breast feed when one of my nipples started to bleed. I knew I had to stop, it wasnt enjoyable for me or Becky. I didn't give up without a fight tho, I lasted 2 weeks on the breast-after cabbage leaves, lansinoh (sp) cream, then expressed for a further 2 weeks, then my milk dried up and i felt like an old cow.

I have never admitted this before (KINA don't say I told u so lol :lol:) but Rebecca's problems started when I put her on formula. She developed constipation problems and severe reflux, and I mean severe. She was throwing up like something out the exorcist! :shock: It only subsided about a month ago and what a relief!

Anyhow, whatever you feel comfortable with, and whatever works for you and the baby :lol: :wink:

i agree with what u say what is right 4u and ur baby you not fweel pressure into doing domething u dont want too

Hey I'd never say I told you so! You tried it, it wasn't for you but you still perservered. There is nothing wrong with that!! Ever since I stopped breastfeeding Ella she's come up with excema and has had a cold for the past 3 weeks, I feel awful but there is nothing I can do as I have no milk at all.

Please don't feel bad about stopping breastfeeding and going on to formula. My son was breastfed until he was 10 months plus. He had solely breast milk up until he was about 8 or nine months yet he had severe eczema from a week old, which is only starting to settle now. He can't have a lot of wheat as he is bordering on wheat intolerant, he has a severe allergy to fish. He can't eat citrus fruit as it makes his skin chronic and upsets his stomach. He can't eat banans for the same reason. Anything blackcurrant/blackberry givs him chronic chest problems and he is borderline asthmatic and gets severe hayfever (has to have 50% extra antihistamine in summer). He is also allergic to soya. I now question if breastfeeding does stop eczema etc or if it is just yet another ploy by so called healthcare professionals to make mums feel pressured (wrongly) into breastfeeding. Eczema can be onset at any time, and it could just be coincidence.

bllody hell u have ur hands full with ur little boy dear of him

aaaawww thats nice for u hope all goes well with you new baby

The banana allergy is really making me wonder about Ella - she's had excema under her chin for ages, it's been clearing up the past few days and during that time she's had no banana :? Could just be a coincidence, but I'll keep her off them for a while longer and see how she goes.

i think that if babies are going to have allergies, ect. they are going to develop them whether or not the mom breastfeeds. i stopped breastfeeding alexis before we left the hospital (was in for about 3 days) in the middle of the night they woke me up and told me that she had lost 10% of her body weight, so i got really upset and put her on the bottle (she wouldn't latch my nipple she had a sucky in bottom lip) and she has been completely healthy ever since :D

I'm not convinced alisha is ok with banana it does seem to give her small patches of eczema. Its def worth leaving off the banana hun. Kiwi fruit can also cause probs too.

Breastfeeding still, though at first I did mix feed as I had bad advice and no confidence but we got there in the end.

i'm planning on bottle feeding this baby too, after a week of breastfeeding so she can get the colostrum. i think it would be too much stress to breastfeed, run after alexis, and take care of my dog.

i breastfed for a couple of days. im hospital when lily-mae was born all she did was vomit. the doctors told me she was allergic to my breastmilk, so i had to formula feed her. so i did, but the vomiting continued. then i was told she wasnt allergic, and that she may have reflux. i tried to get her on the boob again but my little lady wasnt intersted. i was dead cut up about it. but i suppose a couple of days is better than not at all???

oh, and it was reflux. and shes still suffering now :(

lexis_mommy said:
i'm planning on bottle feeding this baby too, after a week of breastfeeding so she can get the colostrum. i think it would be too much stress to breastfeed, run after alexis, and take care of my dog.

aaawwww hun well done :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"