Milk or breast

Iwantone!!!

Reaction score
What do you wnat to do or have you done with your baby ?
And which do u feel is best ?

This is a tricky one.

Breast is better of course, but not all mums can breast feed, I really wanted to on Coby but it hurt so much that i had to stop, i was getting to upset and stressed and it wasnt helping him.

I dont think there is anything wrong with bottle feeding, millions of babys are bottle fed and are healthy. I will be trying to breast feed again if and when i have another baby, but if i cant get on with it then i will go back to bottle.

My friend and my sister in law breast fed, but it wasnt enough for ther ebabies so tey had to top up with fomluar.

so i voted, mixture of both.

xx

I agree Layla Breast is of course the best for babyproviding you have a good balenced diet and all that

My diet is really poor as i am so picky with food
and i decided the best for Em and Jack was to be bottle fed as i knew it would be far more nutrisios than anything i would provide

And they are both Healthy and gained weight well

Coby had tongue tie didn't he Layla? I've heard that makes breastfeeding really really painful :(

I breastfed Ella and I would still be doing so now if my milk hadn't disappeared the past few weeks. When I was pregnant at first I wasn't sure what I would do, the thought of having something attached to my breast seemed really gross. The more the MWs went on about 'how are you going to feed' 'breast is best' the more determined I became to try it. DH was bf and mil told me that I might not be able to do it as it is hard work, well that was a red rag to a bull ;) Even if your diet isn't that great your bub will still be getting antibodies and good stuff from your milk, so if you can't eat well then try not to worry about that. You just have to make sure you're eating enough ;) The first few weeks were very hard and I constantly thought that I didn't have enough milk. Noone tells you about possible problems like split nipples, mastitis, blocked ducts when they're telling you that you should breastfeed. Subsequently when you encounter things like your baby feeding continiously for hours you feel like a failure, like you haven't got enough milk. I do think that breastfeeding puts an enormous amount of pressure on you as sometimes it's hard to find advice when you're having problems and everyone is telling you to put them on the bottle or making comments that make you feel like a freak (I come from a family of bottlefeeders that were quite antibreastfeeding in a way). I'm glad we peservered and I feel a lot more prepared for the next baby, I just never realised that it wasn't as easy as it looked if that makes sense?

yeah he has a bit tie, it makes them suck harder so it really hurt me to try to feed him myself

xx

i voted bottle for the fact that i bottled fed kacy i did try and breast feed kacy but it just wasn't happening and they wouldn't let me go home until she feed but they wouldn't give me the help.

So in the end i bottle fed but that took a day for her to feed out of that before i could go home

i put mixture as i solely breastfed chloe for the 1st 9 month but with callum i wasnt making enough milk so he was bottle from about 4 weeks, my HV said i was doing too much and never gave my milk a chance to come in properly, but how could i rest with 2 kids under 18 month??!!!!

I breast fed both mine upto about 10 months. When I went gback to work I expressed and they had expressed milk in a bottle. As they got older husband would make up extra bottles of formula if needed. DD did have to have bottle of formula b4 bed @ 4wks as she would have kept me up all night. I was at the point of exhuastion and so spoke to h/v who was gr8. She said if i didn't give a bottle I would end up giving up altogether as I was getting about 4 hrs sleep max and then feeding most of day. I hope to b/f again but may not be 4 so long this time as I might be going back to work when babs is 6wks old. My advice to any first time mum is do what you feel is best for you and baby. Don't be pressurised into doing antything you don't want. You should enjoy your time with your newborn not be stressed out over how you should be feeding baby.

bloody hell 10months you go girl that must of been hard work how the hell did u stop ur nips hurting i dont mean to be rude but my aunt oly did it for 6wks as her nips hurt i would love to breast feed if poss is it true does it make u lose weight quicker?

If baby isn'tlatched on properly it hurts and makes nipples sore. I did lose a reasonable amount of weight quite quickly but then it too kages to shift the last half stone. Normally I lose that last little bit aftr gr8 effort and then get pg again :oops:

hehheheeh im really interested in getting pragant i really want to be a mum i love being a godmum to ella that is y im doing loads of polls testing what everybodys knowlege before i buy so i am trying out before i buy ehheheeh :rofl:

I love being a mummy even if they do drive me nuts sometimes. Iwas really broody b4 we had ds and husband was quite wary he kept making up excuses. I said that it took my mum ages to fall pg with me and it took my gran 7 yrs to get pg, so we'd better start tryinh. He wasn't all that convonced so I just said well I'm stopping taking the pill so if you reall ydon't want a baby then you'll have to deal with not getting me pg te he. I then fell pg st. away and my dh said well so much for tryiny and it taking years!

well at least you had fun i am goin to come off the pill sometime next year but im scared as i misscarried this year

good luck ttc next year. Try not to woryy loads of people go on to have successful pregnancies after a miscarriage. I was really paranoid this time and wouldn't tell anyone until I got to twelve weeks although a couple of close friends guessed. I suppose it was partly cos this time it wasn't planned so hadn't been taking folic acid etc and also cos I thought that having had 2 pg b4 without problems I really couldn't be that blessed again. Every twinge I paniced. Have now got to 18+ weeks and now that I can feel baby move it is more reassuring. I hopoe everything goes well for you. :hugs:

thanks it scares my OH to become pregant but what will be will be so finger cross but can have fun pratising this year

My DH always worries when I'm pg. He really wanted no2 but kept putting it off as he worries about me and baby being ok. Did same thing 2nd time round, I'm not going to take pill any more so its upto you. Also said I'm nearly 30, and the older you are the harder it can be to get pg. Just cos I got pg 1st time b4 doesn't mean I'll get pg again. Famous last words. Came off pill and fell pg straight away :D

heheheh always the way is this ur last one or more on the way

Sorry for delay just got back from taking ds to hospital (bad chest reckonn its a virus). Not sure if this will be last one. It was not planned but were thinking about having more but not just yet. DH has said he would like another after this one but if we do it won't be for a while as I'm hoping to buy into the franchise where I work next year so will be a bit busy for a couple of years.

how lovely hope ur dh is ok what do u do for a living i really want to be a mum but i dont get it takes 3mins to make heheheh and 9months to bake im so impainet

I tried desperately to breast feed, I was up all night long, swapping sides, I had blisters and blood coming from my nipples and was in so much agony, I even tried expressing with a machine the hospital lent me, but to no avail......it wasn't until my Doctor came to see Jade and saw her nappy contents, she asked to see me immediately and I had high blood pressure and was not producing enough milk and was therefore starving her........she went from 7lb 14.5oz to 6lb in 1 week!

So I had to give the breast up and go with formula from that point on, but I will be giving breast feeding a go this time again, and just hope that I am more successful! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->