Milk storage question

misspriss

Reaction score
Okay, I screwed up. I left my milk in the cooler on the counter last night when I got home instead of putting it in the fridge. It was sealed in a cooler with an ice pack. This morning, the ice pack was melted but still cool. The milk felt cool.

I put it back in the fridge, and defrosted a couple of bags in case it ended up smelling or tasting weird later. But I went ahead and put it back in to use, since it will be used quickly.

I think it will be okay, since you can leave it in a cooler with ice for 24 hours, it was only in there for 15 hours and it was still cool ("insulated cooler" is supposed to be like 55-57 degrees or something). Heck you can leave it at room temp for a couple hours, more if it is a really cool room.

Did I screw up? Will we be able to tell if it is "off"? LO is 8 months btw, so not particularly vulnerable.

It's probably fine. I feel like if it weren't it would definitely smell or taste funny to you.

I know how it is not wanting to waste your precious milk lol

Thanks. I haven't heard anything from home, I'm sure it's fine.

I would definitely notice the smell if it were bad, I re-washed the bottles I brought today for milk storage after I got to work because they smelled odd. And they just came out of the dishwasher on the "sanitize" cycle, so I know they were clean!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->