milk storage

MoominJ

Reaction score
Right I get that u can keep expressed milk out for 6 hours, in the fridge 6 days and in the freezer 6 months but...

Can I keep milk out for say 4 hours then refrigerate it?

And can I keep milk in the fridge 5 days then freeze it?

Right I get that u can keep expressed milk out for 6 hours, in the fridge 6 days and in the freezer 6 months but...

Can I keep milk out for say 4 hours then refrigerate it?

And can I keep milk in the fridge 5 days then freeze it?

5 fridge days and freeze yes but the date will be the first days milk not the 5th.

Not sure about 4 hours out tbh. Is there a reason why you need to do that?

Thanks

Yeah I was thinking if I took a bottle out say food shopping with me and didn't need it? Hes one that even after a feed suddenly wants more at the wrong time haha

I was wondering the same about if a bottle has been out of the fridge for a couple of hours can it go back in!

My LO is 4 weeks and still very unpredictable, no routine at all. Yesterday morning while i was out she slept for 2.5 hours...this morning she's been really unsettled and feeding every 45mins-1hour!

Anyone?

Lucy2013 maybe ur lo is having a growth spurt and cluster feeding?! I can just imagine being half way round the super market and having to abandon the trolley lol

Yeah I wondered if we're heading for another growth spurt. We had one for definite between 2 and 3 weeks!

Haha yep i imagine the same thing happening...I had to pull over in a lay-by the other evening and feed in the car!!

I bf when out shopping. Bottles are only used by OH. But he takes them out in a cool bag with ice packs. I think it should be OK then to go back in fridge as long as its still cold.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->