Milk Supply

MishC

Has a little princess!!
Reaction score
Over the weekend i had salmonela poisioning and i couldn't eat or drink anything at all for about 24 hours. In this time i had sever sickness/diarrhea and a fever of 40 degrees and i was still feeding my 4 montj old daughter. It was safe to say i was on the verge of dehydration if not dehydrated. Because of this my milk supply nearly ran out and i was wanting to make sure it will come back properly now that i am eating and drinking again.

I stil have milk but my boobs don't feel overly full. I would apreciate any information anyone can suply me with.

Luckily (not really lucky but...) my daughter has been really poorly and hasn;t had much of an appitite while was very lucky but i am sure that will pick up soon.

I'm not 100% sure tbh but didn't want to read and run. :hug: hope you're feeling better now

I'm sorry to hear that you've been so sick! It is really hard being ill whilst also caring for a child. The good thing is that your body is making specific antibodies to the salmonella and passing these on to LO through your milk, so she probably will get better quite quickly - and certainly much quicker than she would if she didn't have your immune system working so effectively for her.
The milk supply will increase, fast, and should come back without issues. Obviously you want to drink enough to keep yourself hydrated. You could try a bowl of porridge which is a good galactagogue (it increases supply). But the most important thing is to keep nursing frequently; maybe a lazy day in bed with the baby?

Mel

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->