milk then solids?

carries

Mother of two under two!
Reaction score
Hi all

Oscar is now 6 months and so we are starting weaning. We are doing BLW with a little help with the runny stuff!

Just a question about milk feeds. Do you feed milk then solids or the other way around or do you stagger them so say milk and then food 2hrs later?? Am confused!

Thanks for any advice xx

Ive been reading up on BLW and they say to give baby solids when they arent hungry so they dont get frustrated so I would say milk first. Give them food when you eat.

Someone with more experience should be able to give you a better answer theres a few people doing BLW on here.

I give food first, but then, I dont do BLW... With BLW I would give milk first because it can take them awhile to be efficient enough to eat enough to get full..

I've only just started doing finger foods now.

I started by giving solids half way between 2 milk feeds so she was hungry enough to be interested but not too hungry so she didnt get peed off. :)

I started by giving Poppy milk first, just becase at times she would be fine and happy until I put her in the high chair and tried her with some food and she would cry until she got her milk! She still ate everything that I gave to her though, so it didn't affect her appetite as such. As we've gone along she has pretty much dropped the feeds before lunch and dinner so it's only occasionally that she has milk first now. Just go with what your LO tells you I guess x

Yeah I agree with MM...we did solids between feedings. We had alot of problems with Hayden taking to solids, he just wnated to nurse so our pedi told us to do solids first then offer milk after...but don't know if it was due to the problems or everyone to do that.

i started giving a milk feed then solids, she just wouldnt entertain the solids til she'd had her milk! now i give a full milk feed in the morning, breakfast an hour later, then more milk midmorning, lunch with water, milk mid afternoon, tea and then milk before bed!!

Thanks ladies, i think ill stagger as suggested :) Oh and congrats Alice!!! We are hopefully going to start trying next month...so exciting! :)

Elinor gets milk 1stt then solids.... and on her main tea meal she will have solids 1st and then her juice cup

:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"