Milo?

Pielette

Mum to little men
Reaction score
What do you ladies think of the name Milo?

DH and I have really been struggling to find a name for baby boy #2. I like more unusual names but he doesn't. But we both seem to like the name Milo. I don't think it's that popular which is a big bonus in my eyes, I think it's quite unique and I think it sounds nice with my LO's name too. Noah and Milo.

What do you think? Like/dislike? And why?

Thanks ladies :flower:

Im not overly fussed- sorry. Its not the actual name but more what i associate it with. My first thought was Milo from the tweenies and my second was that my friends dog is also called Milo. I do think it goes really well with Noah though! x

I don't usually like unusual names, but I think milo is really sweet :thumbup:

Sounds nice with Noah too x

Im not overly fussed- sorry. Its not the actual name but more what i associate it with. My first thought was Milo from the tweenies and my second was that my friends dog is also called Milo. I do think it goes really well with Noah though! x

That's fair enough! I've never watched the tweenies or known anyone who has so that didn't occur to me. If a dog I knew had the name it would definitely put me off!

That's fair enough! I've never watched the tweenies or known anyone who has so that didn't occur to me. If a dog I knew had the name it would definitely put me off!

Exactly- I dont think Tweenies are on tv much these days so others probably wont associate it- they were big when my eldest was a baby. And shes 12 now :haha:

I love it, I really wish I'd gone for it but it is a bit more unusual and I didn't have the confidence to have something people would be more opinionated of so chose like the most common boys name :dohh: maybe next time! Co incidentally in years of nursery work I've only ever looked after one and his big brother was Noah so you're not the only one who thinks they go well together!

Thank you ladies :flower:

I love it, I really wish I'd gone for it but it is a bit more unusual and I didn't have the confidence to have something people would be more opinionated of so chose like the most common boys name :dohh: maybe next time! Co incidentally in years of nursery work I've only ever looked after one and his big brother was Noah so you're not the only one who thinks they go well together!

How funny that you knew brothers called Noah and Milo! We won't share our chosen name with people until he's born, then they tend to smile and say its lovely even if they disagree :haha:

I do like it more and more, the more I think about it.

Yeah we did that too, i hate unwelcomed opinions on names when you dont ask! LO had no name for 4 days we toyed and toyed with 3 more 'out there ones' but couldn't commit so went sod it and just went with one that no one could really say anything about but I think I'm less likely to care next time so I will definately want Milo next time (and im very familiar with the tweenies and it doesn't put me off lol) go for it, put it on the probabale list :thumbup:

LOVE! One of my favorites.

It's a great name. If you love it, go for it!!

I think it's cute for a baby but can't see it on a grown man at all, sorry. Personally, if I wanted Milo for when he's little, I might name him Miles, nn Milo.

Thanks Amygdala :flower: I'm not keen on Miles really so would definitely choose Milo, so that's something to consider.

I think Milo is really cute! My first thought thinking of a male with Milo is Milo Ventimiglima from Gilmore Girls and Heroes - DREAMY. Haha, it does go well with Milo and if you can picture yourself saying it out loud to call your LO that, it must be an option! At first, I didn't like the idea of the name Enzo that my husband wants for our son, but I've warmed up to it a lot and now love it. It's a definite LIKE for Milo. :)

Thanks ladies! I think I'm almost 100% sold, just go to convince DH to go for it now - he likes it a lot but is reluctant to make the final decision I think.

Now I'm going to have to go look up that Milo Ventimiglima MamaPerez :haha:

It's our no.1 boys name at the moment although I was debating the spelling- milo v mylo??
We've had people say it sounds like dogs name too but won't let that bother us!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->