Mini-Rant: Just can't get excited about this pregnancy....

xakikox

Reaction score
We've been trying for 3 months and when I got the BFP, I was super happy and excited. It's been almost 2 weeks since I found out and I just can't seem to get back that excitement. I'm wondering if it's because I'm a planner and I can't plan this pregnancy out. No nursery, not DIY's, I basically can only sit and wait and go to doctor's appointment until my third trimester because we're moving across the country.

Just a mini rant. I love this little lamb growing inside of me. I really do. Just can't get excited about the pregnancy part.

I think that can be normal. With both of my pregnancies, I was very excited initially. And I coninued to be happy that I was pregnant throughout but the excitement wasn't really there. It wasn't a bad thing for me. It just didn't seem real to me until I was actually holding my son in my arms...some days it still doesn't even seem real that i'm a mom and he is 20montbs old ;)

I agree!! I'm also a planner and in the first tri there is so much hope and doubt and unknown. So it's normal to be a little out of sorts. It doesn't mean you're not excited. We are also moving when I'm in the third trimester. Yikes lol. So I get how we're kind of sitting ducks. But it will be okay. Go shopping for baby clothes, I did and it helps. Awwwwwwwwww.

I'm feeling kind of the same in a way I guess. We had a miscarriage two months ago so I'm not getting excited about this pregnancy until 12 weeks!! My husband barely even wants to talk about it.

I'm not really excited, just waiting and nervous for the whole thing. Watching too many movies has made about 97% of the population expect to buzz with excitement from the second they get a bfp. Real life isn't like that, and the sooner people realise that the better, rather than having to hear women worrying they're not "normal" just because theyre getting on with things without excitement all day every day.

I have these moments because sometimes I wonder if having a second was taking on too much. no one else is as excited about this pregnancy as they were with the first. my husband said sometimes he goes days without thinking about it. family acts as though nothing is changing. but i think about it all day basically. I think for some people seeing is believing. having that first ultrasound is sometimes a game changer too. have you had yours? it sounds like this is really testing your personality to be something that is not in your nature. plus, moving is the worst! and halfway across the country makes things even more stressful. maybe you are distracted and have a lot on your mind. its probably safe to say many mommys would feel just like you in your situation! and jist wait until baby moves every day demanding your excitement. :) hang in there, you'll have your exciting moments.

I'm not really excited, just waiting and nervous for the whole thing. Watching too many movies has made about 97% of the population expect to buzz with excitement from the second they get a bfp. Real life isn't like that, and the sooner people realise that the better, rather than having to hear women worrying they're not "normal" just because theyre getting on with things without excitement all day every day.

I agree completely! TV/movies creates a whole fantasy world around pregnancy and actual parenting. its a bit strange to live a reality that is so different from what we were raised on in these shows. I've lost count of how many times my husband or I have said "nobody ever tells you that this is part of having a child...." Not that we'd trade our experiences for anything in the world- it's just not what we'd imagined pregnancy/parenting would be like, the highs, lows and in betweens

Just this weekend I had a woman I don't particularly like or know well rubbing my hand asking if I'd felt movement yet and isn't it amazing, all said with these big doe eyes. I need to learn to lie, smile nod and say "yes, amazing". Instead I'm honest, and said yes I'm feeling movement, it's very weird and feels quite odd, and I haven't gotten used to it yet. Well, she basically recoiled from me and actually went off and bitched to another of my friends that was there, that clearly I'm not grateful or happy about it at all. I've been 30 years on this earth without feeling something wriggling inside me, which in my case is generally accompanied by period like pains while it adjusts itself, am I really supposed to just be used to it and adore it straight away??

It's awful really, you see/read so many women feeling bad that they aren't excited and worried that it's a sign of something wrong with them or that they're a bad person, when realistically it's a looong and stressful 9-10 months, you can't maintain lovey dovey excitement for that long.

I'm glad it's normal to feel this way. I go on forums and read blogs about pregnancy and everyone is always gushing about how wonderful they feel and how they can't wait to be a mom. It kind of makes me wonder if I'm going to be a terrible mother because I'm not excited about this pregnancy.

It's awful really, you see/read so many women feeling bad that they aren't excited and worried that it's a sign of something wrong with them or that they're a bad person, when realistically it's a looong and stressful 9-10 months, you can't maintain lovey dovey excitement for that long.

Thank you so much for just this post :hugs: I'm currently suffering HG and feeling REALLY guilty that I'm not excited (which raises a whole host of worries that I won't bond with baby, etc.) I'm really glad that this is normal.

FB doesn't help either - you obviously don't see the ins and outs of people's pregnancies, just highlights - happy announcements and statuses. It does make you think, is it just me!

I suppose I'm a bit the same. I'm pregnant with my 3rd, I was so excited all the way through my first 2 but I just feel nervous about this one. I had always said I wanted 3 but a few months before we had agreed to start trying I had second thoughts, my life was getting a lot easier as the kids were getting older. But I knew I would always regret it if I didn't have another.

I fell gp the first month of trying any husband barely batted an eyelid, it was like I'd just told him I'd bought some new shoes or something. I'm not getting on that well with my husband at the mo as he's just getting on my nerves, he's such as ass. And I want to move next year so can't plan the nursery or anything. So I'm basically just constantly moody. I've got my first scan on Friday (which my husband can't come to!), then I will tell the kids which I'm excited about.

I've even got a stretch mark already with this one and didn't have one at all with my first 2!

I already know how incredible it is to be a mom, yet I'm much less excited about this pregnancy than my last. Even then I was more excited about getting the stuff and setting up the nursery, and if I couldn't do any of that, I would have been like you are. Feeling this baby move a lot (doesn't make me uncomfortable, that sucks Lithodora!) has helped some. Being a mom is amazing (stupid hard, but more than worth it). Pregnancy itself, however, is hard and really not that exciting! :p Don't feel bad. You are normal and will be a great mom!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->