Mini Rant - The Post Office

Wriggley

Reaction score
It really bugs me when there is a big que yet people decide to take their items up to the counter and stand there packaging it up and writing addresses all whilst the lady behind the til sits twiddling her thumbs waiting for them to finish.

I get some people need to by envelopes, jiffy bags, packaging boxes there but common there is a section in our post office where you can get your required packaging, pack it all up on a big long desk thingy then take it to the counter to pay..... yet NO ONE seems to EVER do this .... Gr !

It would annoy me too! However I've never seen it. I often buy envelopes etc there, but I always do it BEFORE queueing. I.E I'll go in, get the box/package, write on it at the table provided at the side... Then I'll join the back of the queue when it's finished! x

Our local post office doesn't let you use envelopes etc until you've bought them

I hate the way every post office worker I've come across since about 2011 seems to be the rudest, most ignorant person in customer service since the executioner, I don't know if it's a really horrible job or they have a customer relations training DVD that states customers are not your friends, but I find the service there as about as pleasant as I would expect Guantanamo Bay to be. I hate going in there, it's so awkward.

I know this won't be for everywhere, but has been like that since a change over of ownership in my home town and then the 2 others I've used here.

The post office in the main town the ones that work there are really nice and really helpful... If your parcel doesn't fit through the gap they unwrap it have a little hand held Hoover to suck the air out to make it smaller lol !

But I do have Post office pet peeves also lol

My main local one is so bloody rude it's actually quite unbelievable.. You go in and she's sitting there laughing to herself texting on her phone doesn't even acknowledge you just carries on texting whoever and makes you wait (yes I did time it Friday lol) 10 minutes till she's done then no apology she snarls at you and makes you feel awkward. Then Friday she got the postage I wanted wrong and had a go at me because she had to many jobs going on at once :/ no love you were texting whilst typing the amount on the computer and eating your sweets that's why you messed up!!!

And then to make matters worse she throws the parcel across the counter- I mean an over head through even parcels that are clearly labeled fragile!!

Sorry I've totally turned your mini rant into a major one about post offices in general lol xx

Haha that's okay rant away

Our post office has a area to package parcels up which is why it's frustrating

Luckily the post office I use doesn't even allow people to do that. If their package isn't ready to be shipped when they get to the window, then the lady will tell them to return to the line and get it ready; and then wait on someone else. I do appreciate that they do that. However, even with that courtesy, they are still the SLOWEST post office ever. There will be literally 3 people in line, and it will still take a good half hour to get out of there.

That annoys me too.

What i do is go to the side where there is a table thing and do it there then im not holding people up

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->