Mini's & Isofix car seat bases!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by alilou151, Jan 30, 2011.

1. alilou151

alilou151 Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if the isofix base to go with the maxi cosi car seat fits in the back of a Mini? I ordered a silver cross ventura car seat but im just not sure if I want the baby strapped in with just the seatbelt Id prefer the base.

2. MrsPOP

MrsPOP Mummy to Alice

I dont know hun. I have the exact same car seat on order ans drive a mini cooper but we're thinking of getting a car with a bigger boot because mini boots are tiny!

3. Noodles

Noodles Mummy to two boys!

I found this hun...

'IsoFix baby seat in the Mini
    I have just spoken to Britax, who manufacture an IsoFix baby seat, to check their use of the Duo IsoFix seat in the Mini.

They said that since it had not been approved for use in the Mini (BMW must crash test the seat in the Mini), it would actually NOT BE LEGAL to use their seat in the Mini. They said people would have to badger BMW to get them to approve it.

The only one available, then, is their own baby seat. At £275+VAT, that is very expensive'

4. sophxx

sophxx Well-Known Member

i got rid of my mini as the only seat they told us was safe was there seat and my pram wouldnt go in it either

i know thats not much help have you been to mothercare and asked them?