Minky fabric for making your own nappies

gills8752

Mum of 2 Girl
Reaction score
I've found a fabby supply for minky fabric - its reduced stuff as it has slight blemishes but its only about £7 a yard- but i wanted to know what layers would you need? Is minky waterproof or do I need pul inbetween??

Minky alone isn't waterproof, so you would have to use a wrap or like you say add pul

I think to keep it trim you would be better of buying PUL Minkee!

Okay - so I could do a minky outer, then pul then terry/whatever absorabnt layer?
I'm a totaly newbie at this! lol

I have never made one but yeh like that - although if you can get pul microfleece - so you could do miky outer with the pul microfleece

I think its really hard to find pul minky and microfleece - but if you couldnt i suppose it would have be 3 layers

I wonder if anyone on here has found somewhere that does them?

Thank you!

I've already order some polar fleece, cotton towelling and waterproof nylon so was going to try with that but I'm not sure if waterproof nylon would be suitable! but ah well -its on its way now! lol

The minky fabric is the same patterns as all the lovely pink camofluage and chocolate with pink dots blueberry type nappies. I don't know if that is the same fabric or they use a pul version of the same prints..?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->