Mirena coil for heavy periods

craftymum

Mum to Jacob and Jenna
Reaction score
Has anyone had this fitted for heavy periods and has it helped? I've had extremely heavy periods for years now, I've had it for 3 weeks now and it's draining me and has caused me to be anemic - the only relief I got from them was while pregnant - anyway the Dr referred me to the family planning clinic and they (Drs) called me today to say that the family planning clinic have requested a vaginal swab first, is this normal? I just didn't expect to have to have that done as well.

I thought that was weird too, I had blood test and the swab today! same problem as you

when are you having yours fitted? I just found it strange that my GP never told me that there would be a swab test involved, problem is they wont do the swab while I'm bleeding but I've had my period for 3 weeks now so it makes it really hard to make an appointment when one of the Nurses that does it is in as I can't exactly plan when my period wont be here :( it's draining the life out of me and I'm on iron tablets but they're not going to help much while I'm still losing so much blood.

i think all those types of clinics test for clamydia as due course, especially if your under 30. silly. i have the same problem but didnt want the coil as im TTC. evetually got put on something else which totally regulated me and helped. you could also try things like maca or royal jelly. however if your trying to prevent pregnancy i would say its the best option. good luck.

Yep I had to have a swab. good job too as it showed I had an infection that could have been problematic having it fitted.

A friend of mine had hers fitted for heavy periods and she has had a massive improvement

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->