Mirena crash? Any experiences?

Sarah Lou 80

Reaction score
Did anyone feel like they were pregnant after having the Mirena out?! I have loads of symptoms after having the coil out last month, I know I could be pregnant but now I'm wondering whether it's the mirena crash I've heard about!

I've had nausea, heightened sense of smell, crampy feelings like I had when I was first pregnant with my son. Extreme tiredness and tingly boobs!

Today I'm feeling really down in the dumps and not myself. I only had the coil in for a year and never had a problem with it.

Anyone else get this?

Hi, I had my mirena out on July 27th. I had no problem with Mirena either while it was in. Since it was taken out I have experienced a lot of bloating, some acne, and cramping. I was convinced AF was coming last week the cramping was so bad, but nothing yet. Good luck!

Thanks for replying! It's so annoying. I feel like I'm in limbo!

Just to add I've been absolutely savage today. Feeling so irritable for no reason and on the brink of tears most of the day :(

Hi! This is interesting, I have never heard of the Mirena crash but will have to Google now. I had Mirena out in mid-July, and about two weeks later had a fairly normal/light period. I started using OPKs and got a positive on day 17 of my cycle. Then just two days ago I got my period, but this round has been a mess - I have been bloated for a week, super irritable and short, terrible acne and heavy bleeding. What the heck! So if this is the crash then... that's lame. Hopefully it's just one round of it. Also had a really short LP (9 days).

Hi! This is interesting, I have never heard of the Mirena crash but will have to Google now. I had Mirena out in mid-July, and about two weeks later had a fairly normal/light period. I started using OPKs and got a positive on day 17 of my cycle. Then just two days ago I got my period, but this round has been a mess - I have been bloated for a week, super irritable and short, terrible acne and heavy bleeding. What the heck! So if this is the crash then... that's lame. Hopefully it's just one round of it. Also had a really short LP (9 days).

I've had bad acne too! Although my irritability isn't quite so bad today so hopefully, whatever it us, it's on it's way out! That sucks that your cycle us out of whack. I'm guessing I'm due af any day now. Got my OPKs ready and waiting!

Ref your LP, isn't there a vitamin that can help lengthen it? You are probably aware of this though, just thought it was worth a mention just in case you hadn't!

Sounds like PMS to me?

I thought the symptoms were very pms-like :( although I've never really had pms. If that's what it's like then I don't care for it much! I can't cope with that every month so fingers crossed it's just my body sorting itself out after the coil.

I've had bad acne too! Although my irritability isn't quite so bad today so hopefully, whatever it us, it's on it's way out! That sucks that your cycle us out of whack. I'm guessing I'm due af any day now. Got my OPKs ready and waiting!

Ref your LP, isn't there a vitamin that can help lengthen it? You are probably aware of this though, just thought it was worth a mention just in case you hadn't!

Thanks! Yes I did order some Femaprin which is Vitamin B and Vitex. Hopefully that will help sort things out. After reading some of the horror stories online I feel like my situation is not so bad actually - seems like I did O this cycle and just need a little more natural progesterone which is pretty normal after going off the synthetic stuff. I am like you though, didn't use to have much PMS, so this bloating and mood swings are really a pain!

Good luck! Hope your symptoms taper off to and things get back to normal :)

Thank you. Starting to feel a bit more human. It's just my patience I need to work on. Can't believe I'm actually willing af to come do I can get an idea of where I'm at!!

Good luck to you :)

My acne has been horrible since Mirena removal too! I am almost 27 and I've NEVER had back acne in my life, but the past few weeks my back has been breaking out like crazy.

My acne has been horrible since Mirena removal too! I am almost 27 and I've NEVER had back acne in my life, but the past few weeks my back has been breaking out like crazy.

It's horrid isn't it!? They're painful spots too! What have we done to ourselves?!

Just bumping this as I thought I was feeling better but yesterday and today in particular I feel awful. Having really negative thoughts and overwhelmed at everything. Feel like I want to jump off a cliff :( stupid damned Mirena. I'm an awful mum today.

How long does the mirena crash last?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->