Mirena iud anyone?

laila 44

Reaction score
Having it put in Monday. Shit scared. Any positive stories? Do u like it? Weight gain? Acne?

Never. Again.
I don't want to scare you, but the first one got sucked up into my uterus and I had to get an ultrasound and have it manually removed. (That sucked.) The second one fell out and I got pregnant, and then I had a miscarriage. :( The third one got stuck in my cervix and I had horrible, labour-like cramps until they took it out, and I got pregnant again -- another miscarriage. I only stopped having miscarriages once that crap was out of my system long enough. I've heard that miscarriages are fairly common if you get pregnant soon after getting it removed, so if you plan to have another baby, I'd recommend getting it taken out like 6 months before you plan to TTC.

Edit: no weight gain or acne though! Yay! And it affected me better than pills did, so there are positives. For me: Mirena > birth control pills > Depo shot, but I'm still not going back to hormonal birth control...

It made me gain alot of weight and have terrible headaches and acne like a teenager. My sister had one and it got imbedded in her uterus and had to be surgically removed and they said she may never have kids again... although shes now 19 weeks along with no problems. After I had it removed I got pregnant the next month but miscarried. Never ever again will I put that thing in my body. Theres also the paraguard IUD... copper with no hormones... I didnt have any issues with it. Im not trying to scare you just sharing my experiences

I have had 3 and they were all amazing. No periods for all my years of them being in and when removed we conceived within 1week to 5 months. Toward the end of the 5 year one I could tell the hormones were changing in it but that's cuz I kept it 6 months longer than I should have. I definitely recommend if u are nursing and if u want a worry free bc. I never had acne or any of that and will be getting another one at my 6w pp after this baby. Gl

Oh dear. I guess it's very personal from one to the next. I had nuvaring in years ago and had to remove it due to severe cramping

I've heard good things. I had mine in last week. So far I feel fine just had a little spotting. The amount of hormone released is much less than the pill, so I don't know how far you could blame it for weight gain and acne. But I guess it's different for everyone. I think the IUD perforating the uterus is a rare complication, I'm sorry to hear that it happened to pps, that sounds horrible.

I've only had mine for less than two months but so far so good. No weight gain or increase in acne or anything like that. Just had my check-up last week and it is still in place. It is recommended to feel for the strings every month to make sure it hasn't moved. A majority of women do not have serious side effects from it but there are real risks with it as PP have mentioned.

The first month with it sucked though, constant bleeding and cramps (though not severe). Now that I am over that hump I can say that I like it :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->