Mirena IUD Removal Question

CrystalJMM

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

My husband and I are soon going to be TTC #2! I'm very excited. :happydance:

My LO is almost 11 months old and I had the Mirena placed 6 weeks after he was born and removed April 30th. I started bleeding 2 days later on May 2nd - May 8th. I've had some spotting (just on the tissue) on the 14th, 15th, and today (18th).

I'm not really sure if the bleeding on the 2nd-8th counts as AF or not. I normally would have started around the 12th. I had a cycle every month with the Mirena like clockwork.

I've also been tracking possible ovulation using OPK's and my line is almost non-existent so I don't think I'm anywhere near ovulation. I don't think I'm going to ovulate this month at all.

I've also had some mild cramping off and on for the last few days.

Anybody with experience removing Mirena? I would love to hear your experiences/thoughts!

Thanks!

Hi. I had my mirena removed on the 30th of December 2015 and am still TTC #2.
I never had a period while I had it and I had it for 17 months. I also had it inserted at my 6 week check up after having my ds. I didn't bleed until 7th of January and it was 1 day of very light and 1 day of spotting. I then started using OPKs and TTC. I ovulated cd 18 and had a 30 day cycle. Cycle #2 febuary, I had a light/medium 2 day AF and 2 days of spotting and had a 29 day cycle. March 4 day light/medium AF and 1 day of spotting and had a 29 day cycle again.

I seem to be pretty regular now and AF has lengthened. I am having a weird early O cycle atm so hoping it's a good thing! Sorry for the novel and details.

Good luck on your TTC journey. I hope it happens quite quickly for you!

Hi, I had my mirena removed in April, I had it for 5 years with no AF during that time at all so I had no idea where my cycles were.

I bled for around 7 days when it was removed and, like you, tried OPK's which I thought were useless if I'm honest. After that I allowed myself a month or so to try and get a grip of my cycle and when my next normal AF was so then I started temping and checking CM as I felt this was a better indicator. You will see by my chart below that I ovulated this month around CD9. I'm expecting AF around Monday given my short cycle last month but it could be as late as next Friday.

I think if you are prepared for your cycles to take a couple or so months to settle then that's easier than stressing over TTC. I did that the first month and was a hormonal wreck when AF showed up so I decided to relax a bit more this month :)

I had my mirena out 5th April. AF started 2 days later and lasted for 9 days. I didn't ovulate until CD 20 and then got AF after a 33 day cycle. I'm now in my second cycle after mirena, AF only lasted 5 days and I am currently on CD 12 with no sign of ovulating any time soon, but hoping it's not as late as CD 20 like last cycle.
I've been temping and using opks in order to work out what is going on.
I think the first cycle is just a bit all over the place because our bodies are working out how to regulate the hormones by itself again but I would say just because you haven't ovulated yet doesn't mean you won't this month, I would consider the bleeding you had between 2-8th as AF personally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->