Mirena Users in the US...

mandaa1220

Reaction score
If you have health insurance... do you know about how much the mirena cost you? :flower:
I don't know if there's anyone here who will be able to help with this... might have to wait for the doc appt.

I know up here without insurance that covers birth control prescriptions it is $350

I got it at my 6wk check up which was included in my pregnancy thing they billed my insurance for, I only paid a copay for the very first visit. So mine was free to me.

With my insurance the Mirena and insertion procedure ran me around $90-100 if I recall correctly. Without insurance it would have cost about $700, but my insurance paid 85% of device and insertion.

Since all insurance companies are different, I called mine up and specifically asked them how much they covered for the device and procedure. They considered it a "medical device" and "medical procedure/surgery" so it fell in the 85% group. You can call your insurance and ask them...

You would have to call your specific insurance to ask about it. My insurance does not cover any type of birth control, IUDs included.

May I ask what health insurance you all have? I know mine covers birth controls, as it does for mine.. just a matter of how much.

Thank you for all your help. :hugs:

My insurance classified the IUD as a medical device, not birth control--weird i know. But it worked out for me. I was under Regence Blue Cross Blue Shield at the time.

I had United Healthcare at the time....if it wasn't my post partum visit it would have just cost the copay for that visit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->