Mirren McCann 16.01.10 pics included :)

jem02

Mirren 16/01/10
Reaction score
Hi ladies :) ive havent had internet in my house so have been unable to add my story! hopefully ill keep it short and sweet...

Kevin was working as it was a friday night so i thought id give myself a little pampering night - after spending 2 hrs painting my toes (my belly was huge so that was a TASK in itself) i settled down to bed. Kevin came home at 2 and i sat up for a while - i was full of energy! No sooner had i got to sleep i woke up "kevin - i think my waters have broke or i've pee'd myself" - i ran to the toilet and all this liquid kept dribbling out.

It was 5:40am and i was so excited so i called my mum straight away who then proceeded to wake my little sis(15) to put her hair dye on for her haha!! glamorous gran :winkwink: i tried to go back to sleep, oh had no prob he was snoring, his excuse - he needed to save his nergy for later.

I was too excited so got up, cleaned my house, made oh breakfast in bed all the while running to the bathroom to change my pants, pjs etc as i was still leaking water.

My contractions didnt start until 12:30 but within 2 hours they where less than 5 mins apart. They were pretty horrific so i went up to hospital - i was examined and was only 3cm but my contractions where very strong so they chose to keep me in - i got a painkiller shot to work immediately as i hadnt taken any pain relief. this slowed my process way down and when i was examined at 7 i was only 5cm!!

During the 4 hours of being admitted to being examined again were hell!! i had only wanted gas and air but after 2 hours of coping with g&a my contractions starting going through the roof. The mw thought the machine wasnt picking uo my contractions as it was at a constant level but in fact my contractions were coming on top of one another , i had no break - as soon as one hit its peak another started :cry: it was sooo painful! as i wasnt getting a chance to recover i think the pain was more severe as i couldnt control my breathing etc. on te funny side it must have been hilarious to watch as i was having cramp in my bum and thighs so was hopping from left to right, the mw's were trying to put a tube (venflow sp?) in my hand ( i have terrible veins) and i was projectile vomiting lol!

just before i was examined my mw asked me about pain relief and suggested the epidural - in her words if my contractions continued as they were i wouldnt have any energy for labour:cry:

Epidural :happydance: what a relief!!! I got a mobile epi which i could press a button to top up, it certainly took the edge off but it didnt work properly and i coould still feel every contraction. the mw didnt believe me until i said i felt the pressure and she felt and could feel the head :thumbup:

I wasn't scheduled to be examined again until 11 but my mw called for th doc - she finally arrived at 9 and agreed for me to be checked over.

I was 10cm and fully effaced :happydance::happydance: they were happy for me to start pushing after an hour - giving my baby time to move down.

10:10pm and i started pushing, it took me a while to acctually push properly and was more tiring than painful. i kept thinking i was poohing myself so at one point i stopped pushing and asked kevin for a tissue haha!!! i was like "im poohing, im poohing" but mw said its just the pressure you feel!

After 3 huge pushes my princess was born at 10:55pm :) We named her Mirren Marlene McCann, she was 7'11 and was 21 inches long.

I wasnt moaning throughout my labour and surprised myself at how reserved i was as im normally a drama queen haha!!! it was definitely worth it though.

Little Mirren had had a scalp monitor placed on her head during labour as the hb kept decelerating - ends up it was because she had a huge cord lol - the mw's and docs were all inspecting it as it was one of the biggest they had seen:dohh:

Little Mirren loved her mummy so uch that she kept falling asleep whenever she was near me, which meant she wasnt feeding. She would latch on then fall asleep. i got out of hospital after 1 1/2 days and in that time she only fed for 30 minutes :( i was so disappointed as i had my heart set in breastfeeding. i persevered at home but during the night she was screaming as she was hungry so i went to asda and bought her a ready made bottle and my poor little princess guzzled it. i continued to try to bf for 2 weeks but substituted with formula as she was sucking. i got help from community mw etc but she didnt want to drink my milk. i expressed until my milk ran out and now just formula feed but she is such a happy content little lady who has brought so much joy and happiness into our lifes.

xxxxx:hugs:

Aww congratulations

My aunt is called Marlene McCann :) x

Congratulations to you all on your baby girl. Well done !!!

Congrats on your wee baby. I love her name, Mirren is a favourite of mine.

Thanks girls :)

I'm gutted my pics won't upload. If anyone wants to see pics add me on facebook jennifer macnamara xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->