Miscarriage After Removal of IUD

CarCam

WTT after 2nd MC :(
Reaction score
I had my IUD removed two months ago (I had it for almost a year) and we conceived last month only to lose the baby around 6 weeks.

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced fertility and miscarriage issues after the removal of their IUD?

I am so concerned now that I have scare tissue that will not allow for me to carry a full term baby.

Thanks!

babes pls do not worry about scar tissue u will defo be ok and will not affect carrying full term.
also after an IUD is removed they do advise to wait at least one cycles as IUDs thin the uterus layer so if u manage to catch as soon as egg released after IUD removed the baby will imbed but also wont stick for long due to ur lining being to thin, now this is NOT ur fault at all babes and its diablolical that docs dont automatically warn women of the risks of falling first cycle after removal.
i do hope u feel better soon hunny try wait 1 cycle now after the miscarraighe give urself time to heal, im actually doing same thing now im waiting for next af to come b4 trying again as i had a missed misscarragie and D and C to remove my baby at 7 weeks i also had coil put in at same time so we could wait for a bit to try again, after 6 weeks i had major pain and had it removed, a week after this i hemoraged in my living room as the D and C had not been done properly so i had retained tissue left which made me real ill and hospitalised for 4 days with an ERPC operation to remove what was left, i have now stoppeed bleeding and waiting one cycle, i do know how u feel babes so do pm for anything just a chat? hope u well xxxxxxxxxx

I had the IUD in for just over a year but then decided to get it removed as OH & I decided we'd like to try for another baby sooner than we had initially planned. After having the coil removed, it took ages and ages for my periods to get back to normal, then after 15 month of TTC we conceived only to miscarry very early on. Then after 2 years we conceived identical twins only to loose them both at 16 weeks gestation. I can't say that was down to the IUD because anything could have caused it, but i would never get the IUD in again. By the way, so sorry for your loss! xx

babes pls do not worry about scar tissue u will defo be ok and will not affect carrying full term.
also after an IUD is removed they do advise to wait at least one cycles as IUDs thin the uterus layer so if u manage to catch as soon as egg released after IUD removed the baby will imbed but also wont stick for long due to ur lining being to thin, now this is NOT ur fault at all babes and its diablolical that docs dont automatically warn women of the risks of falling first cycle after removal.
i do hope u feel better soon hunny try wait 1 cycle now after the miscarraighe give urself time to heal, im actually doing same thing now im waiting for next af to come b4 trying again as i had a missed misscarragie and D and C to remove my baby at 7 weeks i also had coil put in at same time so we could wait for a bit to try again, after 6 weeks i had major pain and had it removed, a week after this i hemoraged in my living room as the D and C had not been done properly so i had retained tissue left which made me real ill and hospitalised for 4 days with an ERPC operation to remove what was left, i have now stoppeed bleeding and waiting one cycle, i do know how u feel babes so do pm for anything just a chat? hope u well xxxxxxxxxx

Thank you so much for your reply. I am sorry that you have been suffering through all of this as well. I myself will never get another IUD either.

I wish you the best of luck! Thanks again.

I had the IUD in for just over a year but then decided to get it removed as OH & I decided we'd like to try for another baby sooner than we had initially planned. After having the coil removed, it took ages and ages for my periods to get back to normal, then after 15 month of TTC we conceived only to miscarry very early on. Then after 2 years we conceived identical twins only to loose them both at 16 weeks gestation. I can't say that was down to the IUD because anything could have caused it, but i would never get the IUD in again. By the way, so sorry for your loss! xx

My heart is breaking again to think about your loss. I only had a few weeks to bond to my little bean, I can't imagine how painful your loss must have been for you.

I hope you are doing well.

Thanks for your reply, I appreciate the encouragement.

sorry i have no answer for you. but i did want to offer you my condolences. I just lost a pregnancy as well. at 5w 3d and all you want is answers, which unfortunately many of us never get one. again, so sorry for your loss. :hug:

I had a Mirena IUD for 5 years and then had another one placed for 1 year. I had the Mirena removed in August 2009 and then got pregnant the following October, only to miscarry in December, at 9 weeks.

I got pregnant again last month, March 2010 and miscarried again, this time very, very early, at 4 1/2 weeks. I know I was pregnant though, due to the positive tests.

So, I am one example of a person who has had miscarriages after the use of an IUD.

Is there anyone out there who can offer me hope? Any advice is appreciated on how I can help support my next pregnancy. The trouble doesn't seem to be in getting pregnant, but staying that way.:cry:

I haven't experience it but didn't want to read and run. 1000 readers and only 8 replies? Xx hugs to those with losses. I just experienced and early mc and it's hard xx

I had my mirena out at the end of june 09, fell pregnant in the august and lost it at just over 5 wks........stil trying to get pregnant.

Although i am 1 day late for this AF but to scared to test incase i gt excited only to lose it again. So currently putting it off until the weekend.

I am so sorry for your lose and i really hope you get a sticky bean very soon :hugs:

Sorry for your loses, but I had the copper iud, and got pregnant after 5 months ttc, and I'm 9 months now, I wonder if the problem lies in the morena iud? This is very important

i got mirena put in 6/16/09 and had it removed 4/22/10 i had a normal menstrual the hole time i had mirena but i had my menstrual 4/12/10 and was exspectin my menstrual 5/10/10 and still nothing i did bleed a lil after removal only for 4 days when i got my iud out i was ovulating and iv taken 3 Hpt and all positive could i lose the baby???

Didn't want to read and run just wanted to say :hugs: and FX you get a sticky BFP soon!

Just wanted to pop in and say I had a copper IUD for almost 3 yrs, got it removed in Jan and still haven't gotten preggo. No m/c. But no bfp either. Can't really say it's due to the IUD, but it wasn't a hormonal one. But just wanted to say sorry for your loss.

I am so sorry for your loss. Keep your head up... You are not alone in your mirena concerns.

I just had my mirena removed 4/6. It is nerve wracking waiting for things to return to normal. I had no periods while on the iud, but 5 weeks after removal got a fairly normal af

I had my son in 2005 and immediately went on coil. I came off the coil in 11/January 2009. I got pregnant in April, lost the the pregnancy in June. took in again in August 2009 and lost it in November 2009. After the second miscarriage, my husband and I decided to wait for at least six months before giving it another go. I am now seven week pregnant. Last week I went for my six weeks scan, the result was that euterous has been spotted but there is no heart beat, that we should come back when it is seven week. Just yesterday, I was at the hospital for the seven week scan, still the same result. This time the euterous has grown still no heart beat. I am now preparing myself for another miscarriage.

Three miscarriages after coming off IUD is what I do not understand. I was fertilize before IUD. I stumbled on this forum in my search for answers to my predicament.

I will appreciate any help or suggestion from members of this forum.

I guess this thread is relatively old, but I have had similar issues only my IUD preforated my uterus. Dr. said the scar tissue shouldnt interupt my being able to carry a pregnancy and I have lost 3 babies and have had a chemical pregnancy since gettign the IUD removed from my abdomen 10/09. I went back to the dr. to figure out what coudl be going on and he still thinks it has nothing to do with my uterus or IUD. even though I was perfectly fertile before I had the IUD placed...:hugs: I hope you find some answers or get a BFP soon, or already have!

Hello, I had similar issue. I had IUD removed in End of September of 2009 and apparently got pregnant day after it was removed. I lost pregnancy around 7.5 weeks. It took one cycle to get back to normal. I did have mid cycle bleeding, for some reason, but got pregnant. Lost that pregnancy again. My new dr placed me on baby aspirin (which increases blood flow to the uterus) and progesterone to bring my levels above 20 to increase the chances. It looks like it worked. So, I think there is a hope and I think that IUD are not safe for the women who is planning on having kids in future.
Hugs

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->