Miscarriage After Removal of IUD

this thread has been very insightful. I wonder how the ladies in this thread who have had suffered losses and troubles conceiving are doing today? Please let us know how you are doing :)

So sorry to hear of your losses. xx

After my mirena was taken out, i suffered 2 loses before i had a sucessful pregnancy. I had my little boy on the 7th december 2010.

So dont give up hope ladies x

I had an iud for one year. After having it removed I have had I believe 3 very early miscarriages,it has been 1.5 years since removal. we even Had sex 2,1 days before and the day of ovulation. We have 2 beautiful kids and got peg on the first try with both of them. The only thing I can think of is the I'd did something to me to cause me to not get peg anymore. And I come from very fertile genes....so i don't know. I was wondering if anyone had the same problem. After iud removal.

very frustrating for you Ccurran, :hugs: sending you lots of baby dust and you can get your answers soon! xxx

Hi,
I just wanted to say that I am currently having a second miscarriage, and it hasn't passed yet but I can't get past week 8. I had the Mirena IUD for 2.5 years and had it removed in August, got pregnant right away and miscarried a week later. Then I got pregnant on the next cycle and at week 8, they couldn't see a heartbeat on the ultrasound. I had another ultrasound at week 10 to be sure and sure enough, the baby hadn't grown and no heartbeat. I am currently waiting for miscarriage to occur naturally until I get an appointment with the gyno. I am young and deeply pained by this experience that I don't feel like trying anymore when all that happens is loss of baby:( I don't know if there is a correlation between IUD removal and multiple miscarriages but its not easy. How hard is it to just get a darn heartbeat and a healthy baby on an ultrasound? Why is there so much loss to get there?

I had my IUD removed two months ago (I had it for almost a year) and we conceived last month only to lose the baby around 6 weeks.

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced fertility and miscarriage issues after the removal of their IUD?

I am so concerned now that I have scare tissue that will not allow for me to carry a full term baby.

Thanks!

This sounds like me, I had the iud removed april 5, then end of the month I experience tender breast and mood swings.I had 2 positive home test may 4, I went to planned parent hood and had a positive on the 9 th of may, I had brown discharge very small amount yesterday.I googled it and determined it was normal.Today may 11 I began hemorrhaging passing huge clots .hgc levels are 10, 000 appox 6 weeks .my sac is empty .I've passed so much dnc isn't needed.but will monitor hgc levels to go down.will I ever be able to have a baby? Has the iud ruined my ability to carry?

I had the IUD out in April 2010 and had one chemical.....I as well will never have the IUD again!!!.....Sorry for you loss!!!!!

Hi Ladies,
I'm sorry for all of your losses. I know how heartbreaking it is.

After my DS was born in June 2007, I went and had the mirena put in. I had my IUD removed in September 2010. I got my first BFP at the end of October 2010. Found out at 12.5 week NT scan that our LO had T21 and was going thru heart failure. Had D&C Jan 5, 2011.

I got my 2nd BFP in April 2011. I miscarried at 9 weeks in May 2011. After testing our LO's remains, we found out he had T22 which is non viable and wouldn't have survived past 1st trimester.

Needless to say, my DH & I were/are devastated. Our Dr suggested genetic (DNA) testing for my DH & I. It took almost 2 mths to get approval from our insurance. We got our results back last week and both of our results came back normal.

My DH has felt from the beginning that the mirena did something to my system. We had no problems getting pregnant with our DS after I got off birth control and aside from his allergies/asthma, he is perfect! I got pregnant with him the 2nd month after I got off BC.

I am also very blessed to say that I don't seem to have a problem getting pregnant. It's staying pregnant this time around, that is the issue.

We are going to TTC again now that our results came back normal. I just hope and pray to not have to go thru this again!

Good luck to all you ladies! :hugs:

i got my iud (paraguard) removed may 6, started period may 8 and got pregnant that month, lost the baby at 6w4d

I had my copper IUD removed in April 2011, got pregnant in May 2011, lost the baby at 5 weeks. Got pregnant in late June 2011 and again lost at 4+5. I have heard that the IUD can thin the uterine lining which causing problems with implantation. I have now waited two cycles before TTC again, hopefully this time bean will stick.

I have just found out I have yet another failed pregnancy, my sixth in a row. I had a Mirena IUD removed in summer of 2008 and since then have had these 6 miscarriages. We have met with doctors but they can't find a reason. Part of me is looking for something to blame so that's when I thought that the IUD might have been part of the problem. I had two kids with no problems before I had the IUD. Anyway, I think we are done TTC, I just can't do this anymore and I do have two great kids. So sorry for everyone's loss.

:cry: I am scared. :(

I had the Marena IUD for about 7 months,
and I got my IUD removed the same day my period started October 6th, Conceived on October 20th... and now I am officially scared that I am going to lose my baby. :cry:

Has ANYONE had any success stories???? Or do they all end up this way???

I am so sorry for your loses it's a bit frightening, and couldn't imagine what you ladies have gone through. =/

Yes! I had the IUD for about 2 1/2 years and we decided to have it removed because we wanted to try for another baby ... we learned we were pregnant about 5 months later and unfortunately had a miscarriage almost 2 months into the pregnancy. Now I'm thinking it may have had something to do with the IUD...

I had my IUD removed two months ago (I had it for almost a year) and we conceived last month only to lose the baby around 6 weeks.

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced fertility and miscarriage issues after the removal of their IUD?

I am so concerned now that I have scare tissue that will not allow for me to carry a full term baby.

Thanks!

Yes, I had the IUD for about 2 1/2 years and we decided to have it removed because we wanted to try for another baby ... we learned we were pregnant about 5 months later and unfortunately had a miscarriage almost 2 months into the pregnancy.

I got pregnant the second month TTC after my Paragard IUD was removed and it was chemical. Ended about 5 days after AF was due. I actually liked my Paragard and was thrilled that my hormones weren't affected and that I was ovulating and able to conceive pretty much as soon as it came out. I don't attribute the m/c to that, especially since I had one before I got pregnant with my DD and I hadn't been on any form of BC for YEARS prior to that one. So yes, it happened to me, but I don't think the two were related.

Did you have Mirena or Paragard?

I had a Mirena IUD for 7 years after having 4 beautiful children with no complications and then had it removed a month before I was re-married. It took 7 months to conceive and I m/c'd at 6 weeks. It took another 4 months to get pregnant again. I am actually in the process of miscarrying at 8 weeks. I have no proof that it was because of the IUD, but my gut instinct tells me otherwise. I will not use an IUD again, or recommend it to anyone. I am writing this so that others can be informed.

I've had mire a from age 31-35, realised I wasn't ovulating and had decreased AF at 35 and it's def due to age. I'm not sure how to do BC without iud, the pill made me depressed and loose lust for life in general. Iud made me feel fine but now I feel I've done what my friends niggled about all these years and waited too long. Either way, having to wait endlessly with no BFP success is tormenting and watching ladies miscarry (myself now included w/. a chemical) is horrific.
I'm just really angry my mom didn't tell me about her struggles in getting preggers. From 30-35 she had m/c & still born @ 5 months. Was on an adoption list! Here I am at 36 just learning all this. I think she was incredibly selfish for holding back. I'm angry. Venting aside, what made you ladies go on the iud to begin with? For me I din't wan to be peeing out hormones for decades & the depression it caused was terrible.

It's awful isn't it?
I had my IUD removed and fell pregnant within a month. I then miscarried at 7 weeks, which was awful. I then had 1 period quite soon after and then fell pregnant again straight away and had my girl 9 months later :)
Fingers crossed all goes wel hunni x

I have just found out I have yet another failed pregnancy, my sixth in a row. I had a Mirena IUD removed in summer of 2008 and since then have had these 6 miscarriages. We have met with doctors but they can't find a reason. Part of me is looking for something to blame so that's when I thought that the IUD might have been part of the problem. I had two kids with no problems before I had the IUD. Anyway, I think we are done TTC, I just can't do this anymore and I do have two great kids. So sorry for everyone's loss.

That's terrible hunni!
Have they scanned you? It's almost like they might have damaged your uterus whilst inserting/removing the coil seen as you had 2 healthy pregnancies before?
X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->