Miscarriage anxiety with #2- thought it would be easier this time!

MrsMcP

Reaction score
I've just found out i'm pregnant with #2. I've had several positive tests the last few days. Today is 12dpo and the day my period would have been due and i've got some light brown spotting. I've already had implantation spotting 7-9 dpo.

I had some spotting on day af was due with my DD but I still can't seem to stop worrying about miscarriage. I literally feel sick and like I can't breath all the time, ever since BFP.

I really thought the anxiety would be easier this time :sad1:

Hey hon, I am 5 weeks with baby #2 and very nervous! But I was for #1 as well! I think it's because we know how tiny baby is and how vulnerable it is early on, and we don't have many/ any symptoms yet. I am hoping the anxiety will ease after the 1st trimester but my DS was born premature so that worries me too.

We are all in the same boat sweets! We care so much about it that of cause there is going to be some anxiety. Take care of yourself and try try try not to analyse too much :hugs:

I think its only natural hun, to a certain extent I found it worse as I had far more information after DS. I'd take some time and try to relax :) I know that's easier said then done.

Thanks Ruby83 and m nonie for replying so quickly! I'm literally sat at work practically having a panic attack at my desk.

I feel so silly as I know I had spotting last time (even at 10 weeks) and everything was fine! It's just so hard when you feel like it's all out of your control isn't it?

I just keep reading about miscarriage statistics and freaking myself out. Hopefully it will get easier xx

Thanks Ruby83 and m nonie for replying so quickly! I'm literally sat at work practically having a panic attack at my desk.

I feel so silly as I know I had spotting last time (even at 10 weeks) and everything was fine! It's just so hard when you feel like it's all out of your control isn't it?

I just keep reading about miscarriage statistics and freaking myself out. Hopefully it will get easier xx

Try not to google those statistics (I know its hard but seriously makes things so much worse!) I have a few friends who has miscarried so I am also really nervous, especially before I get my 8 week scan! After that I find I relax more because I start to have regular app's with my OB. :hugs:

Thank you. I will try to stay away from Dr Google!! Unfortunately we don't get 8 week scans here. 12 weeks is our first scan. I paid for a private scan at 7 weeks with my DD which was great at calming my worries. But then I had bleeding again at 10 weeks so my EPU scanned me anyway. All was fine thank God.

I've booked a private scan for 8 weeks this time, although if I'm still having spotting I may just call the EPU again. I'm not sure how routinely they scan you if you're spotting etc?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->