Miscarriage, but still pregnant

saralepard

Reaction score
Hello I found out last Sunday that I am pregnant, we figured about 6 weeks along. That following Wednesday I was awoken around 5 am by heavy bleeding, but no cramps. I had had some super light bleeding the week before so I knew there was something wrong. We headed to the ER and they did an ultrasound (but could not see anything). They also did some blood work and my hcg levels were around 500, they informed me that it was a threatened miscarriage and that I should prepare for the worse. That day I passed some clots and tissue that I thought was the fetus. I returned to the doctor that Friday and they repeated blood work, my levels had gone up to a 1200, they sent the samples I brought off and told me to come back Monday (today 2/10/14). My doctor was confused because my levels had not doubled. They repeated my blood work today and my levels went up to 2000, its still off because my levels aren't doubling. I have an ultrasound tomorrow but I am just freaking out. This whole week has just been a roller coaster. I know all pregnancies are different but has anyone experienced something similar? I am hoping for the best but also thinking it may be an ectopic? Just so confused!

Correction, my first levels were at 900 then increased to 1200, now at 2000

Not all hcg numbers double. I think the only way to tell is the ultrasound. Unfortunately I do not have any personal experience, so cannot offer advice. Please let us know how you get on.

Good luck honey x

Went and had ultrasound this morning, doctor has not called yet. Thanks for the replies.

I had something similar happen to me and it was an ectopic. I hope that that is not the case for you

I had something similar happen. The heart stopped fairly early on but the pregnancy did not end. My "pregnancy" actually continued until I had to have a D+C. I kept having weekly ultrasounds and blood work. The ultrasounds showed that the baby had passed but the pregnancy was still continuing. The blood work showed the same. It was awful. I'm sorry.

Wishing you all the best, no personal experience but didn't want to read and run!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->