miscarriage confusion any advice will be gladly appreciated

Heather1988

Reaction score
Ok so long story starts out
Dec 7th 2014 had miscarrage natural and was 12wks pregnant
Jan 21 had period
Feb 18 AF was due didn't come feb 26th 2015 took hpt and positive so excited..
March 9 2015 went to the er with spotting when got to hospital I was 6wks 5days pregnant so I started bleeding at the hospital mildly and had few clots... Did HCG level 61,000 doctor said normal for where i was left hospital with threatened miscarriage papers and diagnosed me with inevitable miscarriage.
March 11th do another HCG level went down a lot to 8300 I thought ok I'm definitely miscarrying I was still bleeding mildly
One week after I had another HCG level done was 6,000 and bleeding completely stopped no cramping nothing
March 19 2015 I go into different hospital cause I still felt completely pregnant I just wasn't convinced so they do another HCG level and it was 5200 so dropped 800 in 24hrs.. They did pelvic and said cervix closed no bleeding and they did ultrasound so when I left the hospital the ultrasound wasn't back but they said that I had UTI and gave me scrip for it... And said that they suspect I had miscarriage because levels are dropping and that there may be small tiny amount of tissue it will pass on my next period... So I left
Week after hospital visit just this pass Wed did another HCG level Thursday Obgyn calls my levels at 5600 but they don't worry they are increasing cause another lab did this level test smh... So I go into today which is march 27 and they did another pelvic cervix still closed and no blood so the doctor says I got your ultrasound back and there seems like there is either small amount of tissue or blood in your uterus its to small to tell... We can do D&C to clean it out they wanted to schedule me next week I'm so confused has anyone gone through something similar or can give me any insight... Should I just do the procedure or get 2nd opinion I mean it will have been month on Monday since my miscarriage and I still feel completely pregnant and levels are still 5000s and I also gained 5lbs in the last 3 weeks SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME UNDERSTAND

Sorry I can't help but didn't want to read and run :hugs: hope you get sorted out x

I'm sorry for your loss. It does sound like there is tissue left. If it doesn't get removed or come out on its own it can cause issues. The level is low enough from what it previously was that you can be assured that the baby is indeed gone and it is the tissue left over that is making your hormone levels stay up and making you feel pregnant still.

If you decide to do the d/c, while your doctor is in there he/she should take a biopsy of your endometrium. I had multiple miscarriages - had no idea why until my doctor did a hysteroscopy/laparoscopy. During the surgery he took a biopsy of my endometrium and it came back positive for a chronic low grade infection. I had chronic endometritis for god knows how long and it was what was causing my miscarriages. Treated it with antibiotics. Got pregnant again and am now 17 weeks.

I mean unfortunately I never had hope that the baby was there.. With my levels dropping I knew it was miscarriage they are saying that the spots are so small on ultrasound that they can't tell if it is tissue or what it is and it is just crazy cause after 3 weeks now my levels are going up instead of down... What is the thing you got treated for??? My Hcg level last was 5600 and ivjust couldnt imagine if the tissue is that small it would keep my levels that high I'm just so confused and devastated by the whole thing

Not trying to get your hopes up because it probably is just a miscarriage and you need a D&C... but what if it was twins and you just lost one? that can cause your levels to drop and then rise again. You should get a second opinion or ask them to check your levels again before your D&C. Hope this all gets figured out for you soon.

Thank u for little glimmer of hope I mean I still feel 1000% pregnant.. I have no cramping or bleeding anymore and I mean my levels are at 5600 but if I was still pregnant I would 9 weeks 2 days today and I think that HCG level is low for 9wks.. So I still think I had miscarriage but I just want to make million percent I didn't get pregnant again after miscarriage and then I will go thru with D&C I get another blood level downcqnd follow up with doctor monday

In this situation I would ensure that a miscarriage/tissue is confirmed via scan/blood tests. Tissue can leave you with some high HCG although your previous levels do indicate a miscarriage and the current levels are too low for 9 weeks.

Should you need a D&c I wish you the best and hope you can get some closure to TTC again. I'm so sorry you are in this situation

What is the thing you got treated for??

Chronic endometritis. Research done on women who have recurrent miscarriages shows that this is a common cause. It is diagnosed by biopsy and cured with antibiotics.

Thank u for little glimmer of hope I mean I still feel 1000% pregnant.. I have no cramping or bleeding anymore and I mean my levels are at 5600 but if I was still pregnant I would 9 weeks 2 days today and I think that HCG level is low for 9wks.. So I still think I had miscarriage but I just want to make million percent I didn't get pregnant again after miscarriage and then I will go thru with D&C I get another blood level downcqnd follow up with doctor monday

At 9 weeks there will be a sizeable baby (over 2cm long) with arms and legs on an ultrasound. If you are nervous about doing the d&c because you think you may be pregnant, request a repeat ultrasound and another blood test before following through with a d&c.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->